Nexus 7 WiFi problems

itic

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
install wifi analyzer, check and possibly change your wifi channel. Check with manufacturer. If your using a single freq router that may also be a cause

rxgadget

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
install wifi analyzer, check and possibly change your wifi channel. Check with manufacturer. If your using a single freq router that may also be a cause

I have do e everything and still continue to switch from blue to gray. The only way to resolve it is either turning on then off Airplane mode or tun off and on Wifi mode

Sent from my N7

romiust

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site

Why does that affect things? My router is always one channel 6 even when I assign it to pick the best channel, is that a reason my wifi sucks on my Nexus? I guess I am not too sure what single frequency is..

Posted via Android Central App

jpash549

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
Since the N7 can only use the 2.4 GHz spectrum which has channels numbered from 1 to 14 not sure why you would need a dual band router which also supplies signal on channel in the 5 GHz range. If one channel is not working you can usually set the router to use another. For comparison of 2.4 and 5 GHz see this.

http://compnetworking.about.com/od/wirelessfaqs/f/5ghz-gear.htm

Don't understand why you can connect to the browser when signal indicator is gray. Did you try to connect to the Play Store through the browser?

From my N7 or BBPB or HPTP or HP Laptop

lmvine

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
Here is what works for me so far. A combination of Best wifi keeper & Smart wifi apps.
No longer using wifi fixer.
Will continue to test.

Slender Troll

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
I'm having a similar issue with my N7. Wifi has been extremely unstable recently. My N4 hasn't had any issues, so I highly doubt it's the router. On my N7 the Wifi has been disconnecting completely and reconnecting, both while I'm using the tablet and while the screen is off, even though I have made sure that Wifi is always on in the settings.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

bainsbonds

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
I to had this issue after 2 days with my nexus 7. Tried WiFi fixer, it helped but still had the disconnect issue every now and then. I think I've found a permanent fix though :). I checked the router logs and noticed that this disconnect was related to a security error. The default WPA algorithm is TKIP. I changed this to TKIP + AES and all works flawlessly now. I suspect everyone else with this issue is also connecting with TKIP. I suggest changing this and report the results here. AES alone may work as well but haven't tried this. Hope this helps some folks

Flukster

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I have had this problem for months. I have tried every trick in the book and am ready to go buy a new router.

But i will try the TKIP+AES

I Presenty have just AES set and it is nothing but problems.
I dont have TKIP as a default AES is my default on my trendnet tew-639gr v2.0r

But i do have the option for TKIP/AES

With the Change it lists as: WPS Encrypt Type TKIPAES

Seems to be more stable. i will report back in a few days and let you know how it is going.

Thanks BainsBonds

Flukster

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Well that solution was short lived...

It worked great for a few hours and now it is back to acting up again. Unfortunately my router doesn't have a log so i can troubleshoot. i wish it did.

victorp24785

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
Success!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had the same problem, fully connected, gray bars and no internet access. I am not computer savvy but I did the following to get it work.

1. updated rom from version1.(something) to 2.6. before was working fine.
2. An article suggested to go to setting/ date and time/ and uncheck automatic date and time (due to a bug in some nexus 7)
2. re-ran Busy box.
3. removed android firewall. (was off all the time).

I don't know which one of these changes corrected the problem but when I re-launched my tethering application and I was able to gain access to the internet again. The gray bars changed to blue with a strong connection.

Root, running beat mode crystal clear version 2.6 rom, android 4.2.2, CM 10.1 kernel.

hope this help.

Aravind R1

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
I'll try the same app then... WiFi fixer doesn't work for me.. Even Samsung galaxy tab 2 seemed to work well... I think is the distance.... Between the router and the tab lol:-!:-!

templet

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
My new nexus7 seems to work quite normally wi-fi-wise except that it's signal sensitivity is not very good. In comparison tests against an ipad2 it is definitely less sensitive. When there's enough signal, everything works perfectly. Any comments on this?

- - - Updated - - -

My new nexus7 seems to work quite normally wi-fi-wise except that it's signal sensitivity is not very good. In comparison tests against an ipad2 it is definitely less sensitive. When there's enough signal, everything works perfectly. Any comments on this?

- - - Updated - - -