No mobile data!!!

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
No it's not normal. Update user profile and see if it comes back.

Oh ok, thanks

I don't believe the version of aokp I'm on has that feature, but people in the rom thread I use say it's normal, so maybe it has to do with the rom?

Also, what is the negative to it being listed as unknown?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Oh ok, thanks

I don't believe the version of aokp I'm on has that feature, but people in the rom thread I use say it's normal, so maybe it has to do with the rom?

Also, what is the negative to it being listed as unknown?

Don't know if there is a negative... If everything works, don't worry about it.

GiantJay

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
Yes... L710VPBLJ7 When i go to Sprint help...it shows that I have data..but no voice. Ive had a circle with a line through it on my top screen ever since this has been going on. I am blocked at work on wifi....what you sent me on stock recovery..will you send it to metal_mover@yahoo.com ?

Check your email. you can pm me on here or over on XDA if you need to, same name on both places. Or email me back any questions.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

seanskiT1

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Ok gang, I have a noober question. I have had my phone set on CDMA and today I switched back over to LTE/CDMA/EVDO and when it rebooted I have no connection to mobile data. In the network type it is showing eHRPD:13. Thoughts and advice appreciated.

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Ok gang, I have a noober question. I have had my phone set on CDMA and today I switched back over to LTE/CDMA/EVDO and when it rebooted I have no connection to mobile data. In the network type it is showing eHRPD:13. Thoughts and advice appreciated.

Could possibly mean that there is no lte in your area as yet

I believe I have seem that before

GiantJay

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site

Ehrpd is just a different data connection. But that's weird if you have no data. Update your profile and prl. Having lte cdma evdo still works if you have no lte in your area, you just won't connect to lte until it is deployed obviously. If you switch to cdma only your connection won't say Ehrpd any more.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

seanskiT1

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Ehrpd is just a different data connection. But that's weird if you have no data. Update your profile and prl. Having lte cdma evdo still works if you have no lte in your area, you just won't connect to lte until it is deployed obviously. If you switch to cdma only your connection won't say Ehrpd any more.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks, that got it straight. I have been able to work most of the quirks on my on, just wanted to ask and be sure about this one.

firesteve828

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I recently rooted my Sprint Galaxy S3 with no problems. Since then, I have flashed a couple of different ROMs..Now, I have No phone or messaging on it. When I go to phone ID it says, "Network unknown...My phone number..UNKNOWN..MIN..UNKNOWN! ICCID..UNKNOWN! What happened? PLEASE,
any help would be nice....

JaTay

(NOT enjoying my new Galaxy at the moment...:/)

did you ever resolve this? i have the same problem and i really need my phone

seanskiT1

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
I recently rooted my Sprint Galaxy S3 with no problems. Since then, I have flashed a couple of different ROMs..Now, I have No phone or messaging on it. When I go to phone ID it says, "Network unknown...My phone number..UNKNOWN..MIN..UNKNOWN! ICCID..UNKNOWN! What happened? PLEASE,
any help would be nice....

JaTay

(NOT enjoying my new Galaxy at the moment...:/)

did you ever resolve this? i have the same problem and i really need my phone

I got it resolved. Updated PRL & profile.

sent from my GS3 running Wicked

firesteve828

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I got it resolved. Updated PRL & profile.

how do you do that? i have restrored back to stock now. i have never had anything like this happen before.

Super Dave426

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site
Go to settings,about phone, update prl profile

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
It is System Settings > System Update > then update PRL and Profile. Don't want to step on your toes but you know there will be a response that it isn't there.

GiantJay

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
It is System Settings > System Update > then update PRL and Profile. Don't want to step on your toes but you know there will be a response that it isn't there.

I don't have that phone anymore so I was trying to remember where it was.

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 2

luisfe80

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
I'm not sure if the issue was resolved with the OP (he didn't reply back). I have the same problem after CM 10.1 rom flash, I have data but no phone signal. I have flashed a TW rom to update PRL and profile, have done so several times with no avail. In the status section, the "Network" says searching for service, the "Service state" says out of service, user name is there, phone number is unknown, have MEID and IMEI and ICCID, PRL version is 1 even though I updated. Also, "activate this device" gets an error saying they experienced a system problem. Lastly, have re-flashed the modem just in case, again no change. Other than un-root and take it to Sprint, any other thoughts or something I can try to get my phone back?

Thanks.

luisfe80

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
I was just about to un-root and loosing all hope when I came across a post on xda, where they talk about a "##72786# trick", i typed this in the dialer, phone rebooted and now have signal again! Posting in case someone has the same problem, this will only work on TW roms apparently. Wow, I'm not sure what could've gone wrong during flash, anyone? I might try again, to troubleshoot, I don't like loose ends ;)

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
I was just about to suggest trying that (##72786#). Glad you're working again.

This seems to happen sometimes when you flash non-stock ROMs (did your first flash a non-TW ROM?). The flash changes enough on the phone that Sprint no longer recognizes it as the same device. The ## code forces the phone through the initial Sprint setup again.

JaTay

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
im glad you replied meyerweb.......NOW, I was running Wicked sensation...AWESOME ROM BTW! Anyway, i went to plug in the cord from the top of my phone.....to an external speaker that we use all of the time....right when i plugged it in...the phone cut off! NOW, i can get it to restart...but have to keep holding the power button for about 4 secs then releasing and pushing again and on and on the same way....when i let go, it takes about 5 seconds...and it will either turn off completely or re boot. I have since flashed in odin recovery......so it looks like my samsung and sprint logos still appear on startup......but to this day, WILL NOT STAY ON LONGER THAN 5 SECS! PLEASE HELP SIR!

I WILL NOT GIVE UP! Im having to use my throwdown "Evo 3D"........no comparison...HA

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
When you say "odin recovery", exactly what do you mean. Odin and recovery are two different things. Recovery is on your phone, accessed by powering on with Volume UP, Home and the Power key. Odin is a PC program which can load a complete ROM from a computer file to your phone.

How are you trying to fix the problem? Are you using Odin or recovery, and what file are you trying to flash? Do you have a Sprint Galaxy S3?

Last edited: