No Root on Prevail?

lance1955

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Just go here and use shabby method it bullet proof and super easy once you have the drivers installed on your pc for the phone. [ACS] One Click Root Samsung Prevail/Replenish Shabbyfied - Android Forums

BY the way this works on new OVA update and does not wipe your data. Make sure to UNMOUNT THE sd card and remove it from the phone, usb debug on. Run the program with usb cable attached to phone hit enter on PC and bingo phone will reboot. If it gets stuck on samsung screen and is vibrating, just remove the battery, reboot and your have successful root, put the sd card back in and your good to go. I had to do it twice to get it to work.

Syringelos

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
I Had to send my phone back to samsung I had 2.1(froyo) I believe. When I got the phone back they replaced the motherboard and gave me 2.3.5 Gingerbread. Trying to root and update binary all blocked. Anyone figure this out yet?! :confused:

vernotzy21

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
Just go here and use shabby method it bullet proof and super easy once you have the drivers installed on your pc for the phone. [ACS] One Click Root Samsung Prevail/Replenish Shabbyfied - Android Forums

BY the way this works on new OVA update and does not wipe your data. Make sure to UNMOUNT THE sd card and remove it from the phone, usb debug on. Run the program with usb cable attached to phone hit enter on PC and bingo phone will reboot. If it gets stuck on samsung screen and is vibrating, just remove the battery, reboot and your have successful root, put the sd card back in and your good to go. I had to do it twice to get it to work.

I couldnt get.it to work I had to use odin

Sent from my SPH-M820-BST using Android Central Forums

gingerc76

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I actually used both, that one click root & Odin because at first I couldn't get Odin to work & I'm running windows vista but I knew what the problem was. Long story short my prevail glitched, had the weird question mark symbol on my battery icon. Then the error 67 something about registration was wrong but all this happened after I did the Odin. Ended up getting a free replacement but I'm using my wifi run optimus, amazing that I can still use this without the sprint network :)

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
franzmorais