No screen protector=scratches?

Hurleygm

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I am very rough on my phone and have chunks out of every corner of my OG EVO. I have never used a screen protector because I don't like my beautiful glass screen covered by a bubbly piece of plastic.

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Central Forums

kashabrown

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
I have no protector, maybe I have a scratch or two but you would really have to search far and wide for it

Basically, I like my screen naked and by the time I do scuff the screen badly enough to notice, it's time for a new phone.

+1 - Exactly. I have never kept a phone more than 6 or 7 months anyway, although I think I will probably keep this one until the next nexus is released....

g1toevo678

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Received the anti-scratch protector sold by Verizon and really liking it. Doesn't cover the whole screen but it's very clear and can't really tell it's on there unless I really look. The uncovered portion is about 1/16" all the way around. The feel is smooth...maybe just slightly less so than the Steinheil I have on the DX and Ipod.

What I really liked was that the top layer that is taken off after application had red dotted lines to line up with the screen. Made aligning it very easy. Glad I got it.

Sock-Monkey Pete

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I bought mine on launch day without a protector and haven't had one since. I recently became a phone nudist (for almost two months). Unfortunately I have dropped it at least 5 major times since going caseless. Of these times it landed face down 5/5 times. Even after twice dropping/flinging it into gravel, I still have a scratchless screen. The plastic body surrounding it however...let's just say it has character now.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

_JKK_

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
Stuff happens, so it might be best to get one. However, I haven't and I have no scratches on mine, which I've had since launch.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I've had mine without a protector for its entire existence. I do, however, keep it in a sock. And I also have some sort of blemish in the coating. It wipes clean, but with dirt you can see it. Thus, my OCD is waiting for the coating to wear off :).

cordoni

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
For all of you that don't have a screen protector, if you do get a scratch, putting a wet appy protector like a Zagg will often cover over minor surface scratches, making them invisible.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using tapatalk

g1toevo678

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I've tried Zagg back when I had the Evo and it was not a good experience. Aside from the trepidation of applying it wet, the orange peel was horrible. Unless I did something wrong in the application, I can't imagine living with it like that just to protect the screen. They even sent me a new set because the first one had a scratch but ended up just throwing it away.

From my experience with Steinheil on previous phones and now the VZW branded one on the Nexus, I don't understand the appeal of the wet protectors.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aitana135332