No update a week after release, how many others?

Sal

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Trying to get an idea of how widespread this is now. How many others, like me, have tried all the techniques for dloading/installing the ota update and still haven't got it. I know it's buggy, but seems wierd that it has been 7 days now and no dice. Has it been halted? Do the moderators know anything? Should an official poll be set up?

mightyfacundo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Trying to get an idea of how widespread this is now. How many others, like me, have tried all the techniques for dloading/installing the ota update and still haven't got it. I know it's buggy, but seems wierd that it has been 7 days now and no dice. Has it been halted? Do the moderators know anything? Should an official poll be set up?

I've also tried all of the techniques to get it to show up, but nothing so far. As I said in another post, I don't even know that I want it, but I'd like to have the option.

dannychaos

High Five Champion
Mar 10, 2010
Visit site
I think they may have been unofficially halted. Consider yourselves lucky if you havent because some of us have been getting reboot issues. I think even my battery may be a little less durable, I seem to run through it quicker now. May just be me on that though.

jabul

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm right there with ya. I tried every trick mentioned in these forums with no luck. I'm starting to think it may be a rare hardware issue on some of the phones....which would suck.

gdbjr

Banned
Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
Nothing for me either, but since a lot of people have had issues with it I am happy that I can update.

Set from my HTC ThunderBolt using Tapatalk.

Sal

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Doesn't seem like too many folks are in my boat- without the update. Or maybe most people-who don't read forums -are blithely oblivious. Don't want to call verizon, though, and risk infecting my decently functioning phone with the crappy update they might push my way. Hmmm

jf2go

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
No update for me in SoCal. I now consider myself lucky... and based on the comments in this forum, I have given up trying the tricks to manually receive it.

Xharakov

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
I never got the update, was never prompted and manually trying went nowhere. I think big V probably yanked it as soon as they were flooded with support calls about all the issues. There will probably be another update fairly soon as it seems enough of a stink was raised about the first one.

Sal

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I never got the update, was never prompted and manually trying went nowhere. I think big V probably yanked it as soon as they were flooded with support calls about all the issues. There will probably be another update fairly soon as it seems enough of a stink was raised about the first one.

Sounds plausible. Just wish we could get some confirmation.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjeans