Nofitications on lockscreen time out to fast

Mojave

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
Hello.....I noticed that when I receive a notification and I view it on my lockscreen it only shows for maybe 5 seconds before it disappears. Is there any way to increase the time so the notification stays on longer? I can just barely read what it is before it disappears. Thank you.

When I had my S5 I had an app called Floatify from Jawomo and it worked great. It had so many great customizations. Unfortunately the app no longer works with Oreo.

Mojave

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
I don't use that app anymore....it doesn't work on Oreo. I'm talking about going into my settings....notifications...and having notifications for certain apps appear on my lockscreen. Yes...the notifications show up but I don't have a chance to read them because they time out in about 5 seconds or so.

UdiBerry

Mar 17, 2018
Visit site
Not sure I understand, what do you mean by"disappears"?
Doess the screen goes off? Or does the notification is cleared?

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
No I'm talking about which apps disappear from lockscreen too fast.
I don't use that app anymore....it doesn't work on Oreo. I'm talking about going into my settings....notifications...and having notifications for certain apps appear on my lockscreen. Yes...the notifications show up but I don't have a chance to read them because they time out in about 5 seconds or so.

Mojave

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
Does it happen with every notification? (email, messages, FB, Twitter, etc.)

Good morning. Yes it happens with my email.....textra (text messages). I'm sure about Twitter. It happens whether I'm using the stock launcher or Nova Launcher. The notifications also will show up as I swipe my notification shade down. That's ok with me but the notification that shows up in the middle of my lock screen only shows for about 5 seconds then disappears.

If I go into settings....lockscreen and security.....and tap onto notifications......THIS IS THE NOTIFICATION that appears on my lockscreen for only about 5 seconds then goes away. See the attached screenshot.....this the notification that I'm talking about. Thank you.

Screenshot_20181125-070911_Settings.jpg

phoenixone

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I've been trying to figure out how to extend the lock screen notification time as well. It disappears WAY too fast for me to read it.
Tagging along.

jace1969

Sep 6, 2015
Visit site
I get them pop up on my s9 them go but i have that always on display so i get the little icon/symbol on the lock screen under the clock of what notification i have and double tap that and opens to which one i tap on,great as then i never miss anything.

phoenixone

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I get them pop up on my s9 them go but i have that always on display so i get the little icon/symbol on the lock screen under the clock of what notification i have and double tap that and opens to which one i tap on,great as then i never miss anything.

:confused:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Treyrday86