Not 10 physical button placement. I like it.

Bodestone

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
OK, so I am just over a week into getting my note 10+ and loving it. Much of that is also Android improvements since my rooted and ecently static Note 9.

I was urturbed at first at not having a power button on the right. The Note 8 Bixby button that you had to force to do what you wanted deserved the scorn it got and they have answered correctly. If you have a multi finction Action button then why not make that turn it on when it is the only function it can serve? Why not default long press to the shutdown menu?

Basically I very quickly got to grips with the button change as a sensible and ergonomic design change.

Being right handed it is also on the correct side to press with the thumb I hold the phone with... And the S Pen on the correct side for me to withdraw with the hand I will use it with.

I have seen the supposed models of the Note 20 where the butons all move to the right and the S Pen moves to the left.
Surely that cannot be correct.

For a right handed person to then withdraw the S Pen while holding the phone they would then have to move their right hand over or under their left wrist then twist it up or down to extract the pen. I've experimented. It's not comfortable and I feel for the left handed folks with current Notes.

Jerry Schuller

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
I agree. With the Note 10+ having the buttons on the left and S-Pen on the right is very convenient. Buttons on the right and S-Pen on the left will be very awkward.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
It be more natural for me when note 20 bring the button to right and s pen to left, but can use either way.

adegbenroagoro

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
I'm a heavy S Pen user . I'm right handed and mostly hold the phone with my left hand. It was easy to extract the S Pen with my right in the Note 10 Plus and use it. The buttons location on the left was perfect for me. I'm skipping the Note 20 series anyway so the Note 20 configuration is no skin off my nose 🙂

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
OK, so I am just over a week into getting my note 10+ and loving it. Much of that is also Android improvements since my rooted and ecently static Note 9.

I was urturbed at first at not having a power button on the right. The Note 8 Bixby button that you had to force to do what you wanted deserved the scorn it got and they have answered correctly. If you have a multi finction Action button then why not make that turn it on when it is the only function it can serve? Why not default long press to the shutdown menu?

Basically I very quickly got to grips with the button change as a sensible and ergonomic design change.

Being right handed it is also on the correct side to press with the thumb I hold the phone with... And the S Pen on the correct side for me to withdraw with the hand I will use it with.

I have seen the supposed models of the Note 20 where the butons all move to the right and the S Pen moves to the left.
Surely that cannot be correct.

For a right handed person to then withdraw the S Pen while holding the phone they would then have to move their right hand over or under their left wrist then twist it up or down to extract the pen. I've experimented. It's not comfortable and I feel for the left handed folks with current Notes.
We must hold our devices differently. I could remove the Spen from the left without twisting anything.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andej