Not receiving OTA update Nexus 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Seems to be running fine on my N7 right now, although it's not finished the process. Whether it actually speeds things up, I won't be able to say: I was still mostly lag free after a factory reset a couple of weeks ago, but I figured I might as well make sure things are working as they should.

Me too. Reset a few weeks ago has it working fine but nice u mentioned that app for people still with issues

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

mmaestro

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
So just finished that storage fill/wipe. I got a reset once during the process when the tablet locked up at about 150MB storage free, after the reboot I restarted the process, got down to 0.10MB free, and everything seems to be working well now. While my write speeds (as per Androbench) hadn't dropped below their normal 10.5MB/s sequential, it's notable that my then 83 IOPS random are now up at 128 IOPS random after the storage wipe. So even if you're not seeing much real lag, but occasional hesitancy it may be worth filling and deleting your empty storage.

Going to make a quick PSA post for those suffering the lag so they see this.

jharvey87

Aug 16, 2012
Visit site
I'm not upset at all, just was curious about what was going on with the update. I am truthfully excited that it brings landscape mode so I don't have to use an app for that anymore. I don't see the point in rolling it out this slow. This is way worse than verizon, which is pretty bad!

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
This is slower by far than verizon phone update rollouts! :)

your are far more luck than anyone who dont own a nexus 7.
1 day delay in OTA after releasing to AOSP?? do u know what that means??
anytime google release code to ASOP they take few weeks to release OTA but in this case they did it the very next day and yet u complain. i dont know what to say.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
your are far more luck than anyone who dont own a nexus 7.
1 day delay in OTA after releasing to AOSP?? do u know what that means??
anytime google release code to ASOP they take few weeks to release OTA but in this case they did it the very next day and yet u complain. i dont know what to say.

More like two days but its an observation---not a complaint

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
More like two days but its an observation---not a complaint

ur observation was wrong. Google made the update process better by releasing ota the next day AOSP was released. or 2days
Do u know how long it took to release ICS for Nexus S and Galaxy Nexus after AOSP was released??

trust me. its a lot lot better now, million times better. I am not complaining about u but trying to make u understand that it was a lot worse before.

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Can you please tell me how to clear the framework data?

Very short version (there are longer ones out there with more detail if this doesn't make sense). Go into application management, select ALL applications, find "Google Services Framework", clear data.

I don't know if any negative implications of this fix - it just clears out cached data and stuff in your communications to Google. You will notice when you go to check for the update next time that it says you last checked in 1969, so that's one bit of data that gets cleared for sure. There may be other stuff, so unless this fixes some problem you are experiencing that's driving you batty I'd suggest maybe just holding off until the upgrade hits you naturally (I came home yesterday and my Nexus 7 was showing the "upgrade available, do you want to install it?" popup)

chefclean

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
To all still waiting for the update..clearing your framework data (settings, applications, all apllication, clear- then check system update again) works. I did this twice (in a row) and the update appeared.

drstereos

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
listen first of all you have to turn off device in case you didn't for a couple of days..
turn it on go to Google frameworks clear data stay there for a while cause in a sec gets on again clear this a couple of times before you proceed pushing the update button if nothing happened do it again works for sure I'm on Greece I got this update ota...
let me know.....

mochaed

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Got the OTA 10 min ago It was painless and quick. No issues. Be patient and wait. Don't concern yourself with What if? Only What is!

harold42483

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
I just got my update . I cleared and force closed the framework services the shut down my system and started it back up again and it did it automatically

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Nychotxxx

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I've avoided the framework process since some have said it caused problems. So i'll just wait. If in a few days the ota doesn't happen i'll call google. But my c60 has been perfect since day one back in august so i dont want to press my luck. And i'm very used to the verticle homepage. Now looking forward to see if the ipad mini actually makes a showing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andej