Note 3 Lags sometimes and is slow here is how to fix it!

fantom305

May 21, 2011
Visit site
This is awesome and worked perfectly, thanks! I noticed that the lock screen lags when pressing the home button to unlock (I don't use any security swipe or pin), do you ever experience this? If so, anything to help fix?

Thanks!!!
It will have not bearing on what you are talking about. There lots of people including me that are suffering from the lag while waking up the lock screen and while making a phone call. There are a couple of threads going on this matter.

anon(819941)

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
I found that animations failed when the animator was set to zero. For instance, when listening to music on Google play music, there is an animation that scrolls the album artwork slowly, which disappeared after I set animator to zero. Bringing it back to one got things back to normal.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I found that animations failed when the animator was set to zero. For instance, when listening to music on Google play music, there is an animation that scrolls the album artwork slowly, which disappeared after I set animator to zero. Bringing it back to one got things back to normal.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

I have all animations off and when I play a song the art work still dies it's thing.

THE BEAST,,NOTE 3. SIZE IS EVERYTHING!!!

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I tried this and it works. But I like the transitions and I like to double tap the home button to start S-voice.

Sent from the baddest device on the planet, it's for real.

dakeb

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
Great pair of tips.

However, some of the transitions seem to have found a way of turning themselves back on afterwards. Also, if you use Google Play music disabling them causes the album artwork to leap around the screen.

Also, I use developer for stay awake when charging. I used to use the Wakelocker app, but it no longer works on the Note 3 without developer mode.

Steve Cadman

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Great pair of tips.

However, some of the transitions seem to have found a way of turning themselves back on afterwards. Also, if you use Google Play music disabling them causes the album artwork to leap around the screen.

Also, I use developer for stay awake when charging. I used to use the Wakelocker app, but it no longer works on the Note 3 without developer mode.

i found you could have window animation and transition animation on zero and animator duration set at 0.5 for google play music to scroll artwork ok.

(also you must close the google music app fully in task manager to see the effect of changing the developer settings)

subeesh_389

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
I got a miner update for my galexy note 3 after that its running faster and smoother than before..I love my note 3..

Posted via Android Central App

fantom305

May 21, 2011
Visit site
i found you could have window animation and transition animation on zero and animator duration set at 0.5 for google play music to scroll artwork ok.

(also you must close the google music app fully in task manager to see the effect of changing the developer settings)
Yeah, until you use the camera at which point the TRANSITION ANIMATION SCALE will revert back to 1..... so at the end you didn't gain anything............

Tyler Lietz

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
yes, in apps that require animation like Google Play Music, the artworks will jump around all over the screen.

Haven't had and problems with animations. The only annoying thing about this is every time I launch my camera, transition animation scale with auto reset to 1x so I have to change it every time if I want to keep the speed

RexdaleNap

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
Root. Install wanam pro and reset knox to unrooted.

Delete s voice, s finder, set animations to 0.

Overclock and under volt slightly.

Profit. Without cellular radio on, with jus wife I go 100-30 after 8.5 hours hd video will post screens after.

Jalopiejoe

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
For those who prefer written instructions :

Get rid of slowness when pressing home button by disabling S-voice via home key

1. Double Tap the Home Button
2. Menu
3. Settings
4. Turn off Open via Home Key

Disable animation
From Home screen:
Menu>Settings>About this Device
-Click Build number 7 times.This will enable Developer options.
-Go back to the Settings main menu and Select developer options
- For "windows animation scale", "Animator duration scale", and "transition animation scale", select "Animation is off".

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

I just tried this on my Note 3 and it's amazing!!!
My God it's so much faster!
Thanks so much for this post, it's a real game changer!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3
"Size does matter!"