Note 3: Zerolemon extended battery

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
Re: Zerolemon extended battery

OK. I read the first page and a few people said that 10,000 sounded unrealistic hehe.
Saw a guy get 7 hours and 20 minutes of screen time with 34% left. On the stock battery. Why isnt this battery getting closer to 20 hours of screen time? Lol

Posted via Android Central App

That's what I'm saying, I'm glad someone else has the same feelings. I have a 15,000mah extended external battery and if I put that on my phone I can guarantee that I will see 4x the battery claims here.

Sent from my gameboy color

emiinn

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site

Because not everyone uses the same features at the same time on their device. Battery life is completely a personal thing. To get to know you have to try one first before judging other usages of other people..

JLadd4420

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site

I've never been able to get my OEM battery to last for 7+ hours of screen time. I guess maybe if I shut off all of the features that make the phone stand out I could, but why do that? I was planning on getting an otterbox case, and for $60 I get a 10k battery and a otterbox type case. Win/Win for me

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

That's what I'm saying, I'm glad someone else has the same feelings. I have a 15,000mah extended external battery and if I put that on my phone I can guarantee that I will see 4x the battery claims here.

What if you put it on your GameBoy color? :D
Lol jk, I guess if they were gaming on full-brightness or something else that requires that much power but with normal use I'd make this battery last for a full week easily :p

- - - Updated - - -

Because not everyone uses the same features at the same time on their device. Battery life is completely a personal thing. To get to know you have to try one first before judging other usages of other people..

Yeah, I don't play games on my phone often so I guess that could be what he's doing :)

JLadd4420

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site

I finally got my Zerolemon battery. The case looks good, but I really wish they made a regular TPU case, I don't need Otterbox protection all the time. Will try and run my phone ragged to test the battery life and post some results.

emiinn

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site

I finally got my Zerolemon battery. The case looks good, but I really wish they made a regular TPU case, I don't need Otterbox protection all the time. Will try and run my phone ragged to test the battery life and post some results.

You may always post up your usage results

Dirtdawg57

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site

This will not be my norm as I am normally a very heavy user but have been really busy so I haven't used it as much as normal. This is with almost 6 hrs of screen time, some tethering, so pod cast and other app streaming, and reading and texting. This is only my second charge since I have got the phone so it might not be fully broke in. Shows what it is capable of if you stay off it. I have really even been trying hard to save the battery so I think I could have got 2 weeks out of it. I did cheat and had powersaver on. Hehe..

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-12-13-18-15-04.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-12-13-18-15-04.jpg
    144.7 KB · Views: 61
  • Screenshot_2013-12-13-18-18-10.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-12-13-18-18-10.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 63

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

This will not be my norm as I am normally a very heavy user but have been really busy so I haven't used it as much as normal. This is with almost 6 hrs of screen time, some tethering, so pod cast and other app streaming, and reading and texting. This is only my second charge since I have got the phone so it might not be fully broke in. Shows what it is capable of if you stay off it. I have really even been trying hard to save the battery so I think I could have got 2 weeks out of it. I did cheat and had powersaver on. Hehe..

Power Saver doesn't help much. I tried using it one day and then off the next back when I was on the stock ROM. Didn't make a difference.
Anyway, that's insane! Did you leave your phone on over night or is this 7/8 days of turning on in the AM and then off at night?

Dirtdawg57

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site

Have increased usage yesterday and today. I have been playing music over Bluetooth for a long time, did quite a bit of Web browsing, and had foxfi on for a long time so I took a chunk out of it but it is still going!

What I am finding is this phone is extremely good at idle. Last night until this morning it stayed at 40%for like 15 hours. But that quad core is like a battery wood chipper, as soon as you make it start working it sucks the battery like a vacuum. With the standard battery I could take it down 30-40% an hour with game play. The ZL battery takes a hit too but definitely holds up better.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-12-14-14-40-20.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-12-14-14-40-20.jpg
    147 KB · Views: 89

emiinn

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site

Looks really nice. Can't to get mine

Have increased usage yesterday and today. I have been playing music over Bluetooth for a long time, did quite a bit of Web browsing, and had foxfi on for a long time so I took a chunk out of it but it is still going!

What I am finding is this phone is extremely good at idle. Last night until this morning it stayed at 40%for like 15 hours. But that quad core is like a battery wood chipper, as soon as you make it start working it sucks the battery like a vacuum. With the standard battery I could take it down 30-40% an hour with game play. The ZL battery takes a hit too but definitely holds up better.

orenp

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site

This is what I was able to get with my ZeroLemon battery. I think a few rogue apps like Lookout prevented it from lasting longer.

2013-12-13 05.48.04.jpg
2013-12-13 05.47.56.jpg

Attachments

• 2013-12-13 05.47.56.jpg
    2013-12-13 05.47.56.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 81

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site

All this ZL talk got me to pull the trigger on their 9300 mah for my Optimus G Pro. I hear its gonna turn this thing into some kind of high-density weapon.

Optimus G Pro

blanier98

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site

This case and battery are awesome. It's definitely a conversation starter when you get it out to check a message lol

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site

My Optimus G Pro will welcome the bigger battery. The stock 3100 lasts no where near as long as my G2's battery.

gp8.3

tds101

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site

I got my 10000 mah battery & case from Amazon over the weekend, and it's still on the first charge. I'll be waiting until at LEAST Tuesday till this thing dies. I luv it,... I'm the only guy @work that doesn't need a portable charger all the time. It's frigging liberating.

blanier98

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site

I got my 10000 mah battery & case from Amazon over the weekend, and it's still on the first charge. I'll be waiting until at LEAST Tuesday till this thing dies. I luv it,... I'm the only guy @work that doesn't need a portable charger all the time. It's frigging liberating.

MLK_free_at_last.gif

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site

Haha I feel that way about the note in general. I see IPhones plugged into outlets at the mall and I chuckle and continue using my phone. Not even with an extended battery.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rscmlc1