Note 3: Zerolemon extended battery

emiinn

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
Well there's been a lot of discussion about that one. I've just followed the instructions and charged for 12 hours first. While some people drained it first before charging. Guess it won't hurt but following the instructions may be the best thing to stick with.

NOTE 3 - Tapatalk

mchi5

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Well there's been a lot of discussion about that one. I've just followed the instructions and charged for 12 hours first. While some people drained it first before charging. Guess it won't hurt but following the instructions may be the best thing to stick with.

NOTE 3 - Tapatalk

Yeah you're right it's been discussed before, but just wanted to make sure. Was just shocked when phone said fully charged only after 3 hrs..

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk

sweeperdk

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Still enjoying the hell out of this battery and case.

I do, however, have one minor niggle that's a bit of a nuisance...

When my phone hits the 15% remaining charge, the screen dims.

I believe that this can be adjusted if the phone is rooted... However, this is not the case.

Is there any way whatsoever to adjust this to 4-5% without being rooted? Or turn it off completely?

mchi5

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Still enjoying the hell out of this battery and case.

I do, however, have one minor niggle that's a bit of a nuisance...

When my phone hits the 15% remaining charge, the screen dims.

I believe that this can be adjusted if the phone is rooted... However, this is not the case.

Is there any way whatsoever to adjust this to 4-5% without being rooted? Or turn it off completely?

Good question about screen dimming. I'm curious to see what others say too, because I agree that is annoying.

mchi5

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Quick update, for whoever may be considering the Zerolemon in the future (FYI, I read thru every post in this thread when I was debating on getting this or not and it was a big help!)

Currently on my second full charge (each charge 12 hours overnight) and haven't seen much improvement in battery life. I would say it way better than stock, but because I came from the Anker 6400 mAh extended battery, I don't see much difference currently with the Zerolemon and Anker.

However, I won't judge just yet because I know I need 5-6 full charges at least before seeing the full potential.

(as a reference I didn't see much improvement in the Anker battery vs stock battery until about after one week of use and about 6-7 full charges :))

Case I am enjoying greatly. It does make the phone a bit bigger. But again I didn't go from stock to the Zerolemon. I went from stock, to the Anker then zerolemon. So not as big a change. And I took off the screen protector that came with the case immediately. And am using my tempered glass screen protector instead.

Last edited:

AndroidvsOS

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
I have it for a few months now and it works fine. I get two to 3.5 days out of a single charge.
I did face a big drainage problem after KitKat update, which was solved by installing latest Skype version.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

mchi5

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I am still getting horrible battery drain even with the zerolemon. I think it's from the recent kitkat update

I did what others suggested and did a factory reset. We'll see if this solves the problem or not...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

mchi5

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Have any zero lemon owners went back to stock, and if so why?

I was getting sick of the heaviness and bulkiness of the zero lemon so went back initially to the Anker extended battery. . Not as bulky but still more so than stock. .

So last night decided to go all the way back to stock, and oh my goodness, forgot how light weight and thin the Note 3 really is. . Now i can't get myself to go away from stock.

But one big drawback is the horrible battery life, guess I was spoiled by the Anker and zero lemon.

And I have the incipio dualPro shine case on the stock note 3

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site

I was getting sick of the heaviness and bulkiness of the zero lemon so went back initially to the Anker extended battery. . Not as bulky but still more so than stock. .

So last night decided to go all the way back to stock, and oh my goodness, forgot how light weight and thin the Note 3 really is. . Now i can't get myself to go away from stock.

But one big drawback is the horrible battery life, guess I was spoiled by the Anker and zero lemon.

I keep mine off for work but use stock with s view case when just going out.

Posted via Android Central App

emiinn

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site

If you don't like the bulk, stay on stock with an extra battery or two. This would be the best bet for you.

I don't like the bulk either. But need a lot of juice and I don't see me carrying a battery in my pocket. Rather have a bigger phone.

Still waiting for a smart company who's willing to invest in battery development rather than making curved screens.. Would be a lot nicer to have a 10000mah battery performance in a stock sized one.

NOTE 3 - Tapatalk

dragonsamus

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
I keep mine stock unless I know I'm going to be away from a charger for a long time. It's perfect for a trip, camping, fishing etc.

Sent from my SM-N900T using AC Forums mobile app

mchi5

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the replies. Yeah I went back to the Anker extended battery, still not stock but way less bulky than the Zero lemon.

But I can see myself using the zero lemon on long road trips or being away from a plug, etc

apraetor

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
I may be in the wrong here, but I believe there are wireless chargers that will charge at 75% of normal rate.

If that's the case, then it would be useful. I agree on your points, though, however as a tinkerer, I'd love to do it. If not for anything else, then for the pure gimmick of it :)

I have the Qi receiver in my Note 3, and under ideal conditions 640 mA of current is available to the phone for power/charging. Via USB charging from a wall AC adapter the Note 3 will draw 1200 mA with the screen on, 1800 mA while it's off (rapid charging).

mchi5

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Played around today with the zero lemon case. I don't might the protection of the case but find the battery way too heavy.

So I used my Anker 6400 mah battery, and modified the zero lemon case a bit, and bam, works great. Now I have the protection But not the extra heft. And in my unofficial testing seems like this Anker 6400 lasts almost as long as the zerolemon 10k

sent from my Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk

mchi5

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
And another quick question. A friend of mine has the otterbox defender case, and IMO I think it feels much better in my hands than the Zerolemon case.

I read somewhere where someone modified the otterbox Defender case to fit the extended battery. Does anyone know or have a link for this?

If I remember correctly they took a Dremel and cut out the back of the inner hard plastic piece to allow the extended battery to go thru. Is that correct?

sent from my Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Re: Zerolemon extended battery

Dead awful?? I get 2 days out of a battery with this thing - probably the best battery life of any phone out there today, but then, I have a life - and that doesn't include sitting on my phone and texting or playing games with it every waking minute. I have better things to do.

I charged my phone initially for 9 hours only not the 12 hours they mentioned
Will it affect the battery performance?

SaintofKillers

Oct 28, 2014
Visit site

Little late for the party but I just received my Zero Lemon the other day. Love the grippy feel and not having to worry about charge for a few days. The volume button rockers are weird (the + sign is flushed more than the - button) and the flaps are hard to open but all in all, the case is great.

Anyway, the Zero Shock has practically made my Note 3 stand useless. Any suggestions for a stand/dock that can accommodate the Note 3 with the Zero Shock case on? Not looking for one that has a built-in charger because it's on the pricey side (eliminating the stand mentioned in the first page) - a regular dock will do. Just something that allows me to prop up my Note in portrait mode while charging and allow me to watch movies in landscape when need be.

emad1995

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site

I have went back to stock, manily because with the zero lemon in my skinny jeans looks really really weird. Instead I use an a view cover and keep a spare battery in my other pocket. Anker battery pack ftw! 😀

Posted on my Note 3 via the Android Central App

SaintofKillers

Oct 28, 2014
Visit site

I charged my phone initially for 9 hours only not the 12 hours they mentioned
Will it affect the battery performance?

Wait, so we have to charge the phone and leave it for 12 hours regardless if it's 100%? What I do is I pull it out once it's already 100% which takes about 3-4 hours.

Maybe that explains why it drains quickly.

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site
How's this for the stock battery on a single charge?

"I have an American Bassbort!"

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-10-30-02-09-44.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-10-30-02-09-44.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 23
  • Screenshot_2014-10-30-02-09-37.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-10-30-02-09-37.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 23