Note 4 - Samsung $200 trade in promotion

patt2kpl

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
I could be wrong but I don't think trade in and order date have to be the same.

Posted via the Android Central App

it says it has to be on same transaction :/ for pre orders I heard it does not but for non-pre orders it has to have same date I think.

If I understood it wrong help me out someone please :)

in the same transaction, purchase a Samsung Galaxy Note 4, Galaxy S5, Galaxy S5 Sport or Galaxy S5 Active between 10/17/14 and 10/31/14, trade in an eligible working smartphone valued $10 or more at a participating retailer, and then complete and submit an Offer claim

ClaudiaP

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Thank you, when I looked at ebay yesterday the prices on the Note 2 were so low I was upset, today they are much better.

I do have an old phone or two laying around here but probably wouldn't meet the minimum $10 trade in value.

I will take some pics and put it up on ebay.

Tabbiel1989

May 9, 2014
Visit site
So since I pre-ordered from Tmobile. Would I be able to trade in a phone I bought on ebay (droid x2) at best buy online for $15 and qualify for the promotion? I would trade it in thru tmobile but it's only valued at $8.

erinpac

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
Between Verizon and Samsung I'm getting a run around on this. I did the pre order and picked my Note 4 up yesterday, the Verizon store talked me out of trading my phone in with them, they knew nothing at all about the Samsung promotion. I'm not exactly surprised about that since I can't find anything about it on the Samsung website either unless I go into a live chat and then they will give me a link. Of course the link doesn't come up as one you can bookmark and I've lost it, I have tried twice today to get into a live chat with them and it starts out fine but when I try to post my question to them it tells me I'm not in a live chat. They are having some problems.

I'm waiting for a call back from the gal I dealt with yesterday at Verizon to see if I can get them to do the trade in after the fact but I am not getting a good feeling about this at all.

Can someone here please post the link to the promotion so I can at least find that?

It's not Verizon's promotion, so there's no reason for them to know much about it. It's a rebate.
https://samsunggalaxypromotions.com/
https://samsunggalaxypromotions.com/note4 - preorder version
https://samsunggalaxypromotions.com/tradein - not preorder version
Best Buy's is separate and all over their own site.

ronb

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
I'm bummed. I thought my Evo 4g had a trade in value of $10, turns out its the 4G lite version and mine is only worth $4. Anyone know the best place to buy a phone real cheap to use for the trade in.

If you are doing the deal at Best Buy, the phone only has to be a smart phone, work and not have a cracked screen. It will then be worth 200 dollars via their gift card. If you are mailing your own to Samsung, go to Best Buy or EBay and buy a qualifying phone. Some posters have purchased them for around 35 dollars.
Good Luck!

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
I recycled my old device via Verizon. I received an electronic gift card. Yet it says on the Samsung promotion page I have to sign the receipt. But I don't have a receipt to sign. Verizon simply sent me an electronic gift card.

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
then you won't qualify

I hope not: Pre-order the Samsung Galaxy Note® 4 from any participating carrier or retailer in the U.S from 9/19 through 10/16. (Verizon customers through 10/22).

Trade in any working smartphone at a participating retailer (minimum $10 trade-in value).

I did both, where does it say you can't trade in on line? Thanks

theoretically

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
So since I pre-ordered from Tmobile. Would I be able to trade in a phone I bought on ebay (droid x2) at best buy online for $15 and qualify for the promotion? I would trade it in thru tmobile but it's only valued at $8.

I dont think so.. if you trade in at best buy you would need to get the $200 giftcard from bestbuy, that won't apply though since you ordered from T Mobile

Tabbiel1989

May 9, 2014
Visit site
I dont think so.. if you trade in at best buy you would need to get the $200 giftcard from bestbuy, that won't apply though since you ordered from T Mobile

Ugh bummer. :( Well since I already ordered a cheap smartphone I'm going to give it a try. I guess the worse they can say is no.

theoretically

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Ugh bummer. :( Well since I already ordered a cheap smartphone I'm going to give it a try. I guess the worse they can say is no.

The whole point of getting the $200 gift card is with the purchase of an s5/note 4 I wouldn't even try if you're not buying from bestbuy

Tabbiel1989

May 9, 2014
Visit site
The whole point of getting the $200 gift card is with the purchase of an s5/note 4 I wouldn't even try if you're not buying from bestbuy

I may try it online and see if I can use the trade in value as a receipt and upload it for Samsung. It probably won't work. I'd do it thru tmobile online but it's only valued at 8. It's harder to find phones valued at 10 for tmobile.

Did you have any luck with this promotion?

theoretically

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I may try it online and see if I can use the trade in value as a receipt and upload it for Samsung. It probably won't work. I'd do it thru tmobile online but it's only valued at 8. It's harder to find phones valued at 10 for tmobile.

Did you have any luck with this promotion?

I took advantage of this promotion and pre ordered my Verizon note thru bestbuy. Good luck with submitting :) let me know if you have any luck

aparker2005

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
I haven't been back to my verizon store, but what they did with me was stupid I think.

They gave me 10 bucks for my wife's Galaxy S, printed receipt and all. However, they said I couldn't get my gift card until the note 4 came in. That makes no sense to me.

Also, I didn't have any place to sign my trade in receipt so I just printed signed and dated it on my receipt. Hope this all works out.

My pre-order receipt was nearly 2 feet long showing every detail of our cell phone plan, so I had to bunch the plan part and took a pic of the note 4 pre-order part and payments/signature. I'm gonna be highly upset if this doesn't work.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

isabel95

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
Can you please explain to me exactly where to sign the pre-order. Fulfilling rebate requirements can be very flaky - I just didn't understand what Samsung meant by signed pre-order.
I lost the small pre-order receipt Verizon gave me and had to go online to find a copy to download and print out.

isabel95

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
Re: samsung $200 trade in promotion

Initially couldn't finish the online rebate registration because I overlooked the two numbers from the phone status that you had to enter on the phone in the long list of device information on the phone.

Finally found them and got the submission approved online and was sent an email acknowledging the registration. I had to print that email and send it in with the pre-order receipt (which I discover DID have my signature on it - I had lost it and had to find it online at Verizon to print it out again)

Printing the email wasn't easy - no matter which browser I used - Chrome, Firefox or Internet Explorer and how I changed my printer driver, the preview showed that the entire email wouldn't print it. Parts of it were cut off - no matter if I used landscape or portrait orientation.

Finally, I decided to go full screen in my email program and made a screen grab of the receipt, then brought it into Photoshop and scaled it to fit an 8.5 x 11 sheet of paper!

Now I can mail away the required documents.

I'm just wondering how other people are managing to get that entire email printed out!

Samsung must have gone to the bargain barn to hire the programmers who designed their computer presence - I wasn't able to register my phone to qualify for that battery offer I saw mentioned elsewhere on this forum because somewhere along the registration I hit a blank screen and couldn't complete the process.

iemonslice

May 1, 2011
Visit site
Re: samsung $200 trade in promotion

I have a predicament here! My Note 4 is defective. It's earpiece speaker has a slight buzz any time I'm on the phone with someone. I'm going to have Sprint replace the phone. But... which phone's device information (MAC address, IMEI or MEID) should I submit?

I could submit my defective phone's info but I'm afraid by the time Samsung is validating my submission, they might see that it's no longer activated and deny me. I could submit the new phone's info but I'm afraid Samsung knows which devices are considered "preorder" and the new one may not be considered one, thus deny me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yusufdontk