Note 9 Finger print scanner unreliable?

gray2018

Apr 1, 2018
Visit site
I've been using the Note 9 for a little over a month now and the finger print scanner has worked great for the most part until recently. It seems no matter what I do it's finicky and unreliable a good portion of the time. What the heck is up with this? I did notice if there's ANYTHING at all on my fingers or the scanner, it doesn't work at all. But still, even then. My old device never really had that much of a problem like this with the scanner.

pizza_pablo

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, this sensor is MORE sensitive than the Note 6 or 7/8 one. So it gets interfered with when it gets gunked up. Just add a pass with the screen cleaner as part of your cleaning and it should be good.
That's been my experience with the Note 9. It's WAY more finicky than any other phone I've had with a fingerprint sensor.

veggie59

May 25, 2013
Visit site
That happens to me every once in awhile. Drives me crazy because when it works, it works great. I find I just have to go in and redo my fingerprints and then it's okay for a while again. It's starting to act up again. But this is like a second or third time in a year and a half. So that's not too bad.
I've been using the Note 9 for a little over a month now and the finger print scanner has worked great for the most part until recently. It seems no matter what I do it's finicky and unreliable a good portion of the time. What the heck is up with this? I did notice if there's ANYTHING at all on my fingers or the scanner, it doesn't work at all. But still, even then. My old device never really had that much of a problem like this with the scanner.

pizza_pablo

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
That happens to me every once in awhile. Drives me crazy because when it works, it works great. I find I just have to go in and redo my fingerprints and then it's okay for a while again. It's starting to act up again. But this is like a second or third time in a year and a half. So that's not too bad.
I find it's best to enter fingerprints when fingers are dry from the weather, then they work when moisturized, for lack of a better term. Not so much, they let way around.

gray2018

Apr 1, 2018
Visit site
So I cleaned the finger print scanner... Lol it worked for about a day if even that. I absolutely hate the unlock options on this phone. Even the face unlock doesn't work for hell either. Also.. why the heck is it even designed that in order to face unlock, you have to hit the lock screen button. Seems rather redundant. Why can't you just unlock the device by picking it up and looking at it like the S10 series? That's really stupid.

Definitely miss my old V30 in some aspects... Never had trouble with the finger print scanner.

pizza_pablo

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
My phone is usually held unlocked, by Smart Lock, connected to my smartwatch.
I think it's really silly that when I select a notification, on the lock screen, by double tapping, I have to then swipe the screen up to see the associated app.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockpaperreality37