Note4 vs iPhone 6plus vs WAIT?

fernandez21

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Now that I've had the Note 4 and this 6+ for a few days every time I use the iPhone I find myself wishing for things that are on my Notes 3 and 4. The S Pen and access to all my S Notes is a biggy. It seems like you can just do more with the Notes because, I guess, you can. The iPhone is a nice smart phone but the Note 4 is so much more...a true "Palmtop". If you can only have the one device the Note 4 is the one to have...but variety is good indeed.

• from the 🍎 i6+ •

You can sync your snotes to Evernote and use that on your iPhone.

FuzzyB

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Ok so most say note 4. What about future devices? Specifically Galaxy S6? I have an upgrade available and am waiting to see what the next gen phones have to offer in the next few months.

I never had a note. Currently have S3. Love sammy but not sure about such a large device. Will S6 be noticeably smaller and of similar quality?

kelton

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Hopefully, we'll be fully aware of what the S6 will offer very shortly (hoping for some early, accurate gossip).

I wouldn't mind finding a smaller than Note form factor. The Droid Turbo 64g has my eye, but interested in the S6, too. I fiddle with my phone doing my yard work, so I like the small form factor and, if it's anything like the S5, the water proofing. The Turbo is just about perfect, but the (limited) screen brightness might not compete against the outdoor sun.

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
True, very true but in all fairness the 6+ does have Epic battery life...even better than the mighty Note 4's. At least, IME.

from the ?????? Edge??????

That may be so, but it can't do what I just did; swapped out for a fresh battery to get back to 100% in minutes with no worries of going the rest of the night or even into late tomorrow morning. Worst case that depleted spare will be fully charged and ready well before then. Rinse and repeat. :)

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
That may be so, but it can't do what I just did; swapped out for a fresh battery to get back to 100% in minutes with no worries of going the rest of the night or even into late tomorrow morning. Worst case that depleted spare will be fully charged and ready well before then. Rinse and repeat. :)
Amen to that. ...amen to that.

from the 🔪 Edge📱

note-4

Jan 20, 2015
Visit site
Ok so most say note 4. What about future devices? Specifically Galaxy S6? I have an upgrade available and am waiting to see what the next gen phones have to offer in the next few months.

I never had a note. Currently have S3. Love sammy but not sure about such a large device. Will S6 be noticeably smaller and of similar quality?

S6 will not be like the note series. Will not have the s pen. Probably is going to be smaller. If you buy the note 4 now, you will not have a reason to upgrade for a long time. So dont be scared to upgrade, there will always be something newer... i had s3, s4... skipped s5, now on note 4. The screen size is not bad, I got used to it in say 5 days, and now would not want to go back to a smaller device. Right now is winter so I always have a jacket, long pants ... so carrying it around is no biggie. When summer comes it could get less comfortable when Im in shorts... still... the sacrifice is well worth it!!! Such a treat to use/handle this device.

Posted via the Android Central App

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I'm getting my Note 4 today. And for reference's sake, here are my last 4 phones prior to the Note:

Nexus 5
Nexus 6
iPhone 6+
LG G3

I love stock Android and thought the Nexus 6 would be the end all, but it was just too big for me. I couldn't do ANYTHING with one hand on that phone. I guess I'm a carney - small hands, smell like cabbage. Anyway, couldn't go back to the Nexus 5 because I couldn't get that battery to last anywhere near where I wanted it to. So I went to the 6+. That phone has one sick camera and I couldn't kill that battery if I streamed Netflix all day. It was impressive, at least for my use. I was going to bed with anywhere from 30-50% left. And I'm talking off the charger at 6:15am and back on after 10:30pm. The camera was quick and took great pictures - although it still has blurry issues like every smartphone when trying to catch a quick moving 2 year old. But I could not stand using iOS exclusively. I felt trapped. I couldn't even separate the alarm clock sound/vibration from the system sound/vibration. THAT. MAKES. NO. SENSE. I just couldn't do iOS for the long haul. I love to make the phone mine and make it work for me. I felt like I was making that phone work for Tim Cook. So it's up for sale on Swappa and I got the G3 on Next on AT&T. While I like the phone, and am happy to be back on Android, the phone just feels kind of "blah". I got a $100 bill credit for getting this phone, so I called them to see if I could return it for a Note 4 and still keep the credit. They let me, so I went ahead and ordered it. It'll be here today and the G3 is going back. I'm hoping this phone lasts me until the Note 5 or the Nexus 7 (3.0) or whatever the heck the next one will be called. But I don't see why I would want to change as the Note seems to have everything I'm looking for in a phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
elizabethstephen