Notification display delay

xweb10

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
I have the WIFI only S3. When I first purchased it months ago, if I received a notification (Hangouts, for example) I could flip my wrist and see the notification on the watch face. As of a recent (1-2 months ago) update, this functionality has seem so slow down significantly. I will feel the watch vibrate, alterting me to a notification. I will turn the watch towards me, and it takes 1-3 seconds and the notification slowly shows. This used to be much quicker, just like how the watch face turn on when twisting your wrist. It is very odd as I stare at a blank screen for a few seconds. There is a definite delay.

Has anyone else noticed this behavior? If so, is there a fix?

EDIT: I have a Pixel 2 XL

Last edited:

11B1P

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Same for me. BT Gear S3 and GS7.

I can't remember how it used to be, I've just passed it off as though the watch is giving you time to raise your arm and look at the notification.

itinj6

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
Same here... since the update. I'm noticing the whole watch has slowed in every way.

S3 Frontier on AT&T with a Note8

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I've noticed the same thing with my S8+.

Also, the delay from when the notification is received on the phone to when it goes off on the watch is longer as well. It used to be like 2 seconds, now it like 6 seconds.

Whiskey619

May 14, 2017
Visit site
Same here. It's been running slow since the update, and I finally got annoyed enough to try to find out if anyone has suggestions on how to fix it. I'll post back here if I find anything, hope you'll all do the same.

iliketrains

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
I was having this issue as well. The only real fix I've found is to enable the "Turn on screen" option under Notifications in the Samsung Gear app settings. That way the screen is already on when I look at it after the vibration and I don't have to wait for it to turn on after the tilt-to-wake activates.

Also using a Pixel 2 XL

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blaze_3ds