Notifications Problem At Start Up

magellanous

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
I use my Galaxy Tab S once a week. When I start it, it gets overrun with notifications that I've already actioned on other devices. For example, every facebook message, email and weather alert result in a notification if the tablet was not the original device that handled/dismissed the notification. I have to wait while all of these notifications load and then dismiss them all.
I've never had an android device basically act as though I don't action anything on anything else. Is there a setting that I am missing here? I've seen solutions on how to recover old notifications but not how to stop the tablet from marking them as new.

GatsbyGlen

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Same problem here. When I get home from work at night, I turn on the tablet and see all of the notifications I received during the day on my android phone.

Gary_Berg

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
Shut down notifications in the Facebook app - it will help. If your device is connected to Wi-Fi all day the notifications are firing during the day, not when you turn it on.

Deefsail

Jul 15, 2015
Visit site
Facebook notifications are a constant annoyance with Android. Even if you turn them off everyday when Facebook has new updates the notifications get turned back on. Facebook requires complete access to your tablet if you look at all the permissions that Facebook asks for.

Posted via the Android Central App

magellanous

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
This seems to be a blanket problem across anything that I receive notifications from. I'd basically have to disable all notifications for all apps if I didn't want to be pestered with actioned notifications. There's obviously something baked into android that recognizes that something has already been address on another device as this has been the case with any other android device I own...for whatever the reason, it's not on the Tab.
I just did factory reset last night so see if that might be something that helps. We'll see...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Treyrday86