Nova vs. Touchwiz

revansCAAD8

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
I know how to set it up. It used to work perfectly. When my phone was updated to Lollipop, that broke it. It has never worked right since, and I ever went back to factory settings and reloaded everything. I get crazy numbers, like 3 emails show up as 999+. garbage like that.

Yeah I know what you mean, mine is the same way. Right now my MailDroid says 999+. However I'm still using the older 3.3 version of Nova and Tesla. I'd update them if I thought it would fix it but seem all too common....

Posted via my Galaxy Note3 on the Android Central App

Alex Wetzel

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
Yeah I know what you mean, mine is the same way. Right now my MailDroid says 999+. However I'm still using the older 3.3 version of Nova and Tesla. I'd update them if I thought it would fix it but seem all too common....

I'd do it anyway just to see if it works for your particular set of apps.

Posted via the Android Central App

worwig

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
I know how to set it up. It used to work perfectly. When my phone was updated to Lollipop, that broke it. It has never worked right since, and I ever went back to factory settings and reloaded everything. I get crazy numbers, like 3 emails show up as 999+. garbage like that.

Just to follow up on this. After a LOT of frustration, trying to find a launcher that worked, I decided to do a factory reset. No idea how, but that looks like it fixed the crazy unread counter on Nova.
No idea why.

revansCAAD8

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Just to follow up on this. After a LOT of frustration, trying to find a launcher that worked, I decided to do a factory reset. No idea how, but that looks like it fixed the crazy unread counter on Nova.
No idea why.

Hmmm, well good luck but please update us if it happens again(sadly likely from what I read).

Andy847

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
I have read these types of threads before, and I agree Nova Prime is what I always use. Like it much better than Touchwiz. BUT, if you need the stuff that Touchwiz offers and still want the other things it doesn't, just use the app HOME SWITCHER in the play store. I have that on my phone and Nova as the default Launcher. Only problem is, when I want to change certain wallpapers (ie. Just the lock Screen, just the Home Screens, or Both at the same time), I just go to Touchwiz and change them. It converts over to Nova with the Wallpapers I set up.

So if you just want Touchwiz when you need those certain options, switch back to it with HOME SWITCHER, and when done switch back to NOVA. That's a little more work, but you get the best of both worlds when you need the options of either. Hope that helps a little.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danglinglily