Now that we officially have Jelly Bean what are your thoughts?

bigstormgirl

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
JB does feel little snappier. The only issue for me right now is Swiftkey3. It won't stay as a default when powering down or restarting the phone (I did do a factory reset when I updated). Apparently this issue was brought up to Swiftkey months ago. Not sure if this is a JB issue or a Swiftkey issue.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I've been having 2 issues since the upgrade to JB. The first one is every time the device is power cycled, I have to reset the keyboard default to SwiftKey. The second one is that it is taking forever for a call to connect after I press the dial button. Most times about 20 seconds to connect and dial but about 30% of the time it disconnects before it dials.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

A battery pull could help.

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet

fireidiot

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
I did a drain down and battery pull and things have been much better. I have the SwiftKey issue as well. It sucks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1357493573750.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1357493573750.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 28

USCTrojan4JC

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm pleased with the update. The big surprise for me is that it fixed or modified the MAP (message access protocol) for bluetooth. Now when I'm paired to my car it receives and reads to me the text messages that are sent to me. I can also respond with 4 pre set up messages too. Yeah. The overall feel of JB is it's like "Butter" LOL.

Curious what car you are using this in, jjthenovice. I'm on JB 4.1.1 on stock ROM unrooted and there is no SMS functionality through MAP in the 2013 Nissan Sentra SL with Navigation I tried it on.

anon(5600632)

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
The Swiftkey problem is with where Google play puts paid apps. When the phone boots, it can't find the paid keyboard, do it reverts to Samsung default. I use the new paid Swype now and it's the same problem. Google has to fix it. If you download a free keyboard, Touchpal, for example, it will remain as default after the reboot.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using AC Forums mobile app