"Obtaining IP Address"

Vishu Singh

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
Re: "Obtaining IP Address"

bro im using htc desire x.from last few days my wifi is not working at all i have tried many things but nthing works.i have tried to connect it with my friends hotspot and also with home router but it not works with one of them .please help me out i shall be very thankfull for u

- - - Updated - - -

bro im using htc desire x.from last few days my wifi is not working at all i have tried many things but nthing works.i have tried to connect it with my friends hotspot and also with home router but it not works with one of them .please help me out i shall be very thankfull for u

TonyTiger2001

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
Try clicking on supersu then go to settings and unroot and then you can do a factory reinstall. hope that helps. I did that and still have "obtaining ip address" issue. I need help too lol

pacswoman

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
I was also having this issue with dhcp, to solve I did a hard reset on my Asus Memopad, so far so good. Other suggestions were to delete everything in dhcp folder in data, but I couldn't find it.

h89e

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
erm i fix this problem with my phone, samsung galaxy grand duos. I just logged in to the router's setting and press advanved setup and press LAN which then pop up IPv4 autoconfig and IPv6 autoconfig. i pressed IPv4 and just added my phone's mac address to the DHCP list below and boom.. problem fixed... i had this problem for like weeks... finally fixed it.. this method worked for me. (not sure if it will be much help to u guys. Just wanna help u guys. If this way worked then good, if it still cant then i'm sorry..) I tried the static ip that others suggested. My phone would connect to the network.. but there is no internet connection.. when i open chrome or and browse.. it will just keep on loading and not connecting to the internet..

LR G

Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
I know I'm not the only one getting this, but honestly its disgusting this hasn't been fixed yet. I currently have 2 devices (my Nexus 7 and SGS2) N7 has JB running and SGS2 recently upgraded to ICS. BOTH have the same stupid obtaining IP address problem. I mean at home the workaround is to assign a proper static IP address. But what about times I don't have access to the router, like wifi hotspots? I was at my local cafe for which my phone worked perfectly on wifi when it was on GB. After ICS it won't even connect! I can't use the static IP workaround either, so what the hell gives???

I rebooted my phone and my router and it was fixed.

jkjksn33

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
I know I'm not the only one getting this, but honestly its disgusting this hasn't been fixed yet. I currently have 2 devices (my Nexus 7 and SGS2) N7 has JB running and SGS2 recently upgraded to ICS. BOTH have the same stupid obtaining IP address problem. I mean at home the workaround is to assign a proper static IP address. But what about times I don't have access to the router, like wifi hotspots? I was at my local cafe for which my phone worked perfectly on wifi when it was on GB. After ICS it won't even connect! I can't use the static IP workaround either, so what the hell gives???

jkjksn33

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
I disable auto updates but go to the playstore and one of the things that needed an update was something like android web veiwer totally fixed mine