Odin/Frija /Firmwares Place Them Here

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
So if we want to be unlocked firmware use xaa, Verizon firmware use vzw.

So we have to wait till the unlocks to get the may update, correct
Yeah have to wait until unlock gets May it won't allow to go down a bootloader, yes correct XAA I would use but VZW ,TMB are same also and won't load any carrier stuff in unlocked firmware. I'm keeping my eye out when Frija gets May because I'm going back myself to Unlock firmware and will let you know when to flash

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Yeah have to wait until unlock gets May it won't allow to go down a bootloader, yes correct XAA I would use but VZW ,TMB are same also and won't load any carrier stuff in unlocked firmware. I'm keeping my eye out when Frija gets May because I'm going back myself to Unlock firmware and will let you know when to flash
I just checked my unlocked fold 3 and the security update is there to be loaded. So hopefully soon

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Wait your on fold 3 ?
My unlocked got May already on XAA(Fold 3)
Did you use XAA region ? I'm thinking s22U
I'm using a unlocked fold 3 and it has the may update I can download. I was saying hopefully soon for the S22U. Yes I'm trying to put the unlocked firmware on a S22U. I just didn't word it right.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
This is the steps :

Windows computer needed

Latest Odin can Google it from XDA Forums and download the latest should be Odin 3.14.1 / and Frija tool or samfirm (i usually download both)

Download samfirm v0.4.1 tool and frija, extract it with 7zip.

You will extract files for Odin prince comsey 3.14.1once download with 7zip and will do same for firmware with 7zip .

Put your model number then region and select check for updates , then download the FIRMWARE , extract the FIRMWARE with 7zip.

There will be 4 files after you extract the firmware

BL

AP

CP

CSC

Each of those files will go in Odin when you open to the corresponding slots

BL

AP

CP

Home slot don't out anything

CSC USE HOME CSC FIILE TO SAVE DATA /THIS ONLY GOING BETWEEN CARRIER FIRMWARE OR IF YOUR ON UNLOCKED GOING BETWEEN UNLOCKED FIRMWARE

If you going from carrier to unlock firmware keep regular CSC not home CSC and do a back up it will factory reset the device.

connect your phone with cable to computer , once the files are in its slots hit start, once done you'll see pass in Odin and it will reboot

*Make sure you put phone in download mode
*If dont see your phone connected in Odin change cables or ports in computer .
*Never disconnect the cable in middle of flashing.
Hello

I bought a S22U from a friend for a whooping $250 in mint condition, couldn't resist. Problem it's Verizon branded and I want to go unlocked like last time. Are the above directions the same or did something change. I appreciate it. Thanks

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

MNMobileGuy

Banned
Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Hello

I bought a S22U from a friend for a whooping $250 in mint condition, couldn't resist. Problem it's Verizon branded and I want to go unlocked like last time. Are the above directions the same or did something change. I appreciate it. Thanks
Nothing's changed. Make sure you use patched Odin. Although for $250, I hope that person is actually a "friend". Normally, only scammers accept lowball prices

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Nothing's changed. Make sure you use patched Odin. Although for $250, I hope that person is actually a "friend". Normally, only scammers accept lowball prices

He's a friend. I have the phone and using it already. Actually I paid $300 for it. He was desperate for money and said he was going to list it for that and I said absolutely not, I'll buy it.

Sent from my SM-F936U1 using Tapatalk

MNMobileGuy

Banned
Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
He's a friend. I have the phone and using it already. Actually I paid $300 for it. He was desperate for money and said he was going to list it for that and I said absolutely not, I'll buy it.
In my line of work, in the case of someone who's that desperate and willing to sell it for 1/3 of what it's actually worth, it usually means that the device soon gets blacklisted, or some other type of block shows up. But I'll cross my fingers for you :)

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
In my line of work, in the case of someone who's that desperate and willing to sell it for 1/3 of what it's actually worth, it usually means that the device soon gets blacklisted, or some other type of block shows up. But I'll cross my fingers for you :)
I know the person for several several years. Just be happy I got a great deal.

As he put it, I could give him the money immediately. Swappa could have gotten and $300 isn't 1/3 if what they are going for, plus he doesn't have to deal with potential scams there and then he has to pay the fees and shipping. It was a win for him as he needed money right away and a win for me. I benefited by him needing money immediately.

Anyone that spends over $700 for a used S22U is crazy IMO. I see some go that high, not everyone is good with their money.

If I didn't know the person I would have been on the skepticism side.

When the S23 comes out I'll probably trade it in and won't be my concern anymore.

Anyway this post is about software updates so let's get back to subject.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I'm sure I know the answer. If I change a Verizon branded phone to to unlocked OS and trade it in on the S23 will I have to change it back to Verizon OS before trading it in?

I'LL be trading it in to Samsung for an unlocked phone. I'm guessing no, but just to be sure. Thanks

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I'm sure I know the answer. If I change a Verizon branded phone to to unlocked OS and trade it in on the S23 will I have to change it back to Verizon OS before trading it in?

I'LL be trading it in to Samsung for an unlocked phone. I'm guessing no, but just to be sure. Thanks

Yeah as your going to factory reset it anyway to remove your accounts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wacky23