Old email will not delete from mobile

A

AC Question

I have purchased a Samsung Galaxay J5 Prime and have set up the email for both personal and work accounts. The emails load as they should but when I delete from both my personal and work servers (by uploading to Outlook on my Notebook and automatically deleting emails on the servers) the mobile does not update and delete the emails. I had a Samsung Galaxy S5 and this did delete the emails when they were no longer available on the servers.

"Server settings"
Delete email from server: off
Sync Schedule: Every 15 minutes
Number of emails to load: Total
Limit retrieval size: No Limit

I receive up to 800 emails a day for work and it is frustrating that the eails do not delete on the mobile when not available on the server

ManiacJoe

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
Which email app?
Which email protocol (pop3, imap, exchange)?

POP3 does not do a 2-way sync with the servers; just download and send. Sounds like your phone might be using this protocol.

IMAP and Exchange do a 2-way sync with the servers. As long as both the computer and phone are using one of these protocols, when the computer delete an email the phone should also delete it during the next sync.

rexxgraves

Jun 6, 2017
Visit site
Thank you ManiacJoe.

Email app is standard android app on Samsung Galaxy J5 Prime and original setup was POP3. I switched to IMAP for personal account and Exchange for company account and I now have 2 way syc of emails.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmax36884