Optimus V + iPod touch: anyone have both?

bigcat73

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
Did you try looking for a replacement camera app in the market? There might be something that takes care of the shutter lag.

I plan on using my Optimus as an mp3 player walking to and from class and at the gym, but I'm going to keep my touch. I'll use it on the dock at home and in my dorm for music and in my car through the stereo. I have a 2nd generation 8GB touch, so even if I wanted to sell it, I doubt I'd get much for it.

Ticojpunk

Recordist
Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
Did you try looking for a replacement camera app in the market? There might be something that takes care of the shutter lag.

I plan on using my Optimus as an mp3 player walking to and from class and at the gym, but I'm going to keep my touch. I'll use it on the dock at home and in my dorm for music and in my car through the stereo. I have a 2nd generation 8GB touch, so even if I wanted to sell it, I doubt I'd get much for it.

I hadn't looked for an alternate camera app. I had assumed it was a hardware thing and not software but very true that maybe a better app would help things. I'll definitely take a look.

Yeah. My touch isn't going anywhere. I have some apps on there like a strobe tuner I use for setting up guitars. Things that aren't available on Android at the moment.

I think I'll be keeping both the touch and OV until VM releases something that truly can replace my iPod touch 4th gen. Luckily the 4th gen is crazy thin so carrying this in addition to the OV isn't really a burden size-wise.

shindig

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
I have an OV and a 2nd (or is it 1st, it's been so long I don't remember) iTouch. Used the iTouch for apps/music and a dumbphone for service although I never really talked much on the phone. Haven't used my iPod since I got the OV, but there are a few things i'd need to mention.

-I enjoy my music, but listen mostly to Asian music (also helps that it's significantly cheaper). I don't use iTunes much and am not a fan of iTunes syncing.

-Older iPod = no camera. If i had HD video recording I might be carrying it around.

-I really like the iOS aesthetic but hate Apple one-size-fits-all policy otherwise. I also am a fan of ROMs and mucking around.

-There's only really one thing I miss about my iPod, and that's how easy it is to switch keyboard inputs. It's really technically the same in android (long press either way, although I know you can switch with a button in iOS it's actually more annoying to scroll through more than two languages) but the iOS interface is just the tiniest bit simpler (you actually see the language instead of some random keyboard name that's in english, which is pretty nice when you're switching a lot and don't want to process the name). Do enjoy the freedom to change keyboards on Android, though.

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I have a older itouch also. I use it for music specifically because my H/U is ipod compatible and it will show titles on the radio. The native android music player and even most apps wont send that info via BT to the H/U. The fact I can plug my itouch in with the usb cable and transfer all sounds that way is the biggest selling point of keeping it with me in my vehicle.

But that is as far as the itouch goes from the house to the truck. When Im parked somewhere its hidden out of sight. Once Im home I grab it and head inside. I have music on the Optimus and it works well for everything else I do.