OTA Update for HTC Thunderbolt ICS - ROOTED

Green_Laser

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Good you tried from recovery.

Reason why I was asking about which rom you were on was because could be the custom rom you're on already had the proper configuration to block OTAs.

The developer who posted the OTA killer, Santod, he makes killer custom roms, though on his latest, he did not include the files that block future OTAs, mainly due to him assuming that there wouldn't be any more of them from Verizon, can't blame him. So some of us on his roms could have been affected otherwise, however due to his patch, some of us were lucky as I was to flash this and stop anything to be pushed onto the custom roms we're running.
So more than likely, could be your device is aborting the flash of this patch because it is different rom that does not need this patch.

Although I am no expert in this field, I may be wrong too, just my opinion/perspective on this.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
No. unfortunately the rom I have doesn't block the OTA, that's why I was searching the forums for a solution. I've read alot about unsense but I'm having trouble finding a download for it. I even signed up on infected but it wont let me access the downloads. Idk. Its giving me a headache. I love my thunderbolt, but it sure is giving me alot of problems lately.

Green_Laser

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Hmm. :-(

I wish I could try and help further with this. Seems like this section of these forums have quieted down. Hopefully someone with some more expertise can help us out.

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
well. since I had trouble trying to find unsense, I downloaded one from my clockwork mod app called killasense. It seems really stable and I haven't had another OTA push.But now I'm getting a really slow 4g connection and my ad blocker quit working. (sigh) guess I can't have it all lol. I'm thinking of trying the radio that you mentioned on another thread. It's been quite some time since I've updated it. Wish me luck. Just got to keep telling myself to hold out till my upgrade kicks in.

Green_Laser

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Yeah radio update can help a ton
Depends on the tbolt though, not all are created equally

Green_Laser

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
well. since I had trouble trying to find unsense,

FYI,

You can find UnSense here... Follow all instructions, recommended radio too..

forums.infectedrom.com/showthread.php/1859-★-☆-ROM-UnSenseROM-JeLato-ICS-4-0-4-DeSensed-AWESOME-BEATS-AOSP-CM9-☆-★

Fton

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
Hey Santod,
Please forgive my stupid question but I rooted my phone earlier this year and Verizon keeps trying to do OTA Software Update.
I'm hoping your OTA Killer v2 will stop this but how do I "flash" your file to my Thunderbolt? I'm not mobile tech savvy so do I download it to my phone? Then what?
Thanks for any help!

Green_Laser

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Hey Santod,
Please forgive my stupid question but I rooted my phone earlier this year and Verizon keeps trying to do OTA Software Update.
I'm hoping your OTA Killer v2 will stop this but how do I "flash" your file to my Thunderbolt? I'm not mobile tech savvy so do I download it to my phone? Then what?
Thanks for any help!

You flash the file in recovery.
You might have cwm or 4ext, Santod recommends 4ext.
In recovery, simply "add file from sd card"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Longhorn