Outlook for android

Caryn987

Aug 22, 2020
Visit site
I've been using the Outlook app with my Samsung S8 for almost two years without any problems. Over the last week, I've had to reinstall it daily.

Symptoms are, I check emails in the morning and none of my folders are showing at all, not even the inbox. My account (IMAP) is still there in the settings, but cannot see any emails at all , not even previously downloaded emails. I clear the cache and this makes no difference. If I clear the data and re-enter my login details for my ISP, it says they are incorrect - I've checked over and over to make sure they are correct. I go through the same process again, maybe even another twice and eventually, it decides my details are correct and all my emails show again. The reset option doesn't do anything either.

I've tried reinstalling, rather than just clearing data and have the same problem, login details not recognised until I type them in several times.

Everything works fine for the rest of the day, I get up in the morning, check emails again and the same thing, everything is missing and I have to go through the above process again.

Anyone have any thoughts? It's driving me batty doing this every day.

Thanks

hootss

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
I'm having trouble with Outlook as well, but not like yours. One of the two email accounts I use won't sync entire emails, only the email title and says "this message has no content". I can't figure out how to solve it and don't want to uninstall/reinstall unless I absolutely have to.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I moved this from the Android Apps forum to the General Help forum since the former is intended for developers to promote their apps.

2ISAB

Jan 30, 2018
Visit site
Try removing your account from settings* account, clear data on Samsung email and make sure you're using the one from the galaxy store Not play store via Google.
1. Remove account
2. Clear data
*Galaxy Store not Google. This part is important.

As you were

Caryn987

Aug 22, 2020
Visit site
No, I don't use the Samsung app.
I know Outlook is not a popular app with many, but I've used it seamlessly for a couple of years, so hadn't needed to use anything else. I use the Office Outlook on my PC too, I just like the structure of it. Just no idea why it's suddenly misbehaving.

Caryn987

Aug 22, 2020
Visit site
Try removing your account from settings* account, clear data on Samsung email and make sure you're using the one from the galaxy store Not play store via Google.
1. Remove account
2. Clear data
*Galaxy Store not Google. This part is important.

As you were

I'll try this today.

Just out of interest, what's different about going through Galaxy store as opposed to Google?

2ISAB

Jan 30, 2018
Visit site
I'll try this today.

Just out of interest, what's different about going through Galaxy store as opposed to Google?
personal experience. Google "tags" Some versions are also diferent from play store and galaxy store. -stable

just a suggestion. wish you best of luck

Caryn987

Aug 22, 2020
Visit site
personal experience. Google "tags" Some versions are also diferent from play store and galaxy store. -stable

just a suggestion. wish you best of luck

Quick update. Downloading from Galaxy as opposed to Google didn't change anything, in fact even going through the process of installing and uninstalling several times hasn't worked today and the app plain refuses to setup my email.

I've reinstalled the Samsung mail app as suggested by Mustang7757 and that works straight off. It's showing all my folders setup in my desktop outlook, so I guess I'll just go with that for the time being.

Thanks for your help anyways guys, much appreciated.