Package disabler

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Yes, although I don't understand the value of that (other than the subscription price for them). Why would i need to use the features via the cloud instead of directly on the phone being altered? Am I missing something?
It backs up your disabled apps so when u go to new device it's already there

BerryBubbles

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
My version is 21.0.

When I renewed my subscription recently, I downloaded the current version which is 21.3. I installed it, but instead of updating v21.0 to v21.3, it created a second app. I thought that I probably needed to disable device admin on v21.0, so I uninstalled v21.3.

At that point, I didn't do anything further as I decided 'if it ain't broke....'

:D

KPMcClave

May 16, 2013
Visit site
My version is 21.0.

When I renewed my subscription recently, I downloaded the current version which is 21.3. I installed it, but instead of updating v21.0 to v21.3, it created a second app. I thought that I probably needed to disable device admin on v21.0, so I uninstalled v21.3.

At that point, I didn't do anything further as I decided 'if it ain't broke....'

:D

This is exactly what happened to me this morning. They emailed me 21.3 in reply to my email (still not a good path for updates generally), but it created a separate instance and wants me to upgrade my subscription because it can't tell I'm on the same device already subscribed.

Waiting on a reply from them.

Last edited:

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Which isn't useless, but not much value added when you can back up on the device itself. I certainly wouldn't pay for that feature if I didn't have to.
Yeah some might not need it , I use multiple devices with package disabler so comes in handy for me

KPMcClave

May 16, 2013
Visit site
This is exactly what happened to me this morning. They emailed me 21.3 in reply to my email (still not a good apth for updates generally), but it created a separate instance and wants me to upgrade my subscription because it cant tell I'm on the same device already subscribed.

And the reply is that "you have only 1 device registered, to add more device you need to purchase through website or you can upgrade from website you plan."

Which doesn't answer my question or resolve my issue at all.

BerryBubbles

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
This is exactly what happened to me this morning. They emailed me 21.3 in reply to my email (still not a good apth for updates generally), but it created a separate instance and wants me to upgrade my subscription because it cant tell I'm on the same device already subscribed.

I'm betting that the device admin setting is protecting v21.0 being overwritten by v21.3, but we'll see what they tell you.

My Note 20U is on version 20.8.

:)

Edit: Well that's not the response I expected. They obviously didn't understand your question.

Edit Again: I never went past the startup screen on 21.3 when I tried to update 21.0, so I don't know what it would have done from there. I have the subscription for 3 devices but only using 2, so it might have taken the 3rd device slot.

Very cumbersome...

Last edited:

KPMcClave

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I'm betting that the device admin setting is protecting v21.0 being overwritten by v21.3, but we'll see what they tell you.

My Note 20U is on version 20.8.

Edit: Well that's not the response I expected. They obviously didn't understand your question.

Edit Again: I never went past the startup screen on 21.3 when I tried to update 21.0, so I don't know what it would have done from there. I have the subscription for 3 devices but only using 2, so it might have taken the 3rd device slot.

Very cumbersome...

Yes, it is. Why won't it just update the older version like every other app in the world (probably so they can get more money from people...they do have a history of that).

And you're wiser than I, BerryBubbles, because I should have taken your "if it ain't broke" mentality. Because now it is.

They replied to uninstall older version, reboot, and install newer version and it should be good. It isn't. Same issue, and now it won't let me sign into the reinstalled 21.0 either. There seems to be no way to change the device on the website (even thouygh it's the same device...but with something like AdGuard, you can switch the device).

KPMcClave

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Yes, it is. Why won't it just update the older version like every other app in the world (probably so they can get more money from people...they do have a history of that).

And you're wiser than I, BerryBubbles, because I should have taken your "if it ain't broke" mentality. Because now it is.

They replied to uninstall older version, reboot, and install newer version and it should be good. It isn't. Same issue, and now it won't let me sign into the reinstalled 21.0 either. There seems to be no way to change the device on the website (even thouygh it's the same device...but with something like AdGuard, you can switch the device).

They must've done something on their end. I got a reply to try it now and it should work and it did.

Version 21.3 for life!

KPMcClave

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Ok perfect was going say have them email you the latest APK file

They'd already done that. That's what started the problem after my original question about how to update.

Having to request an emailed apk is a stupid way to update, though. Given what the app can do, I find it hard to believe it couldn't pull an update when there is one.

Oh well.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
They'd already done that. That's what started the problem after my original question about how to update.

Having to request an emailed apk is a stupid way to update, though. Given what the app can do, I find it hard to believe it couldn't pull an update when there is one.

Oh well.
I agree it is stupid way to update but then again i don't see a reason for update unless new features are added by that time u up for renewal and will get it .

BerryBubbles

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
They must've done something on their end. I got a reply to try it now and it should work and it did.

Version 21.3 for life!

Wow! So glad the situation is resolved. What a headache. Sorry you had to endure all that but I appreciate the feedback. Now we know...

BigMosley

Aug 19, 2020
Visit site
I'd buy a subscription but I'm not too fond of using a credit card on a random website. If you could use PayPal to buy a subscription I'd be down.