Phone becomes unresponsive about once a week with no cause

Furnimus#AC

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
I am a new owner of a Samsung Galaxy S4 with Verizon. Coming from a Nexus S, this is a huge upgrade and I thought everything would be perfect with the phone.

About a week after I got it, I woke up to the phone being completely unresponsive, the only sign of life being the blue notification light blinking. The power button, home button, volume buttons, or any combination did absolutely nothing.

It has happened 4 or 5 times since, once causing me to be late for work because apparently the alarms don't work, nor does the phone receive calls when it is in this comatose state. I chalked the first few up to using a non-Samsung charger (as they all happened to be when I was at a friends, and since they all happened in the middle of the night sometime) until today, in the middle of work, I took the phone out of my pocket and there it is, unresponsive as can be.

The Only way to get the phone working after this is to take my case off all of the way, take the back cover off, pull the battery, and then start the phone. This is very very bothersome to me as I love the phone otherwise. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AC Forums mobile app

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Do you reboot? I'd suggest rebooting every few days (3-5) and this issue will disappear (most likely).

Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One using AC Forums.

Furnimus#AC

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
That's the thing, it happened soon after I got the phone when I was rebooting every day or two (or running out of battery since I was using it so much). Even now I always reboot every 3 or 4 days to try to prevent this problem but it does nothing.

Furnimus#AC

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Just happened again last night, not even 24 hours since the last time. I feel like no one will so anything unless I bring it in while unresponsive, yet it is always at the most inconvenient times when I need my phone.

Shanicenicolle

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Just happened again last night, not even 24 hours since the last time. I feel like no one will so anything unless I bring it in while unresponsive, yet it is always at the most inconvenient times when I need my phone.

Try calling your service provider or going in and explaining. You shouldn't have to reproduce the problem and if you do get the problem escalated to a supervisor on the customer care line.

Sent from my *PURPLE* Galaxy S4

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TripleU ®