Phone keeps losing stability over time

semmelbroesel

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Hi.

My wife and I have identical phones (Fascinate) and identical OS - I put SuperClean 3 MileStone 2 on both phones, and they have been running faster, more stable and using less battery than ever before.
Except my wife's phone after a few months after each reset/OS reload will go back to being unstable, slow, unpredictable again...
I checked again yesterday with Autokiller and could not find any unusual background programs or services other than the usual ones she uses, Facebook being one of them that I don't have on mine.
Her phone basically often will hang for a while before it will do what you want it to do, or it will open things considerably slower, or it will crash, turn off WiFi, or other random things that I just can't explain.
I installed both phones using the same method as described by the author of SC3, and theoretically there shouldn't be a difference between the two phones...
So either there IS something she is doing differently on her phone, or her phone simply is the buggier one (tiny physical defect or something else that the Fassy came with).

Any thoughts?

On a partially related note, given the hardware issues that the Fassy has, does anyone have any test data yet for the new Galaxy S3 from Verizon? In January we can switch phones again, so I'd like to know if it's worth switching to the S3 at all or if we'll run into the same garbage again - it took me about a year of playing around with both our phones until I found SC3 and get some form of stability going...

Thanks!

blade22222

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
As my last phone was the fasanate I can tell you the gs3 is world's better right out of the box, as long as you don't get a defective one. They also just unlocked the bootloader so there should plenty of roms to choose from.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

bstarfish

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
My wife and I both have Fascinates. We are both up to about 2 battery pulls a day, even after factory resets. Ever since the Gingerbread update they have been extremely unstable.

As soon as Best Buy confirms that they have no replacement fascinates to replace ours with, we'll get them to replace ours with something else.

semmelbroesel

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
I totally get that - the Fassies have been a very unfortunate pain in the neck...

I have to say, though, that installing the Super Clean ROM has made a HUGE difference!
My battery most days will last through the entire day without charging, and I have to reboot the phone maybe once a week at the most.

Also note: It is recommended not to pull the battery if you can help it since that might cause data loss. You can press and hold the Power key and Volume Up for (I think) 5 seconds, and it will reboot the phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr_Mendelli