Photo Gallery not working correctly with Apps, "Gallery" is either empty or crashes the app

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Photo Gallery not working correctly with Apps, "Gallery" is either empty or crashes the app

I have an issue where my phone gallery seems like it is no longer available to other apps. I first noticed the issue because recent photos were not being backed up to Google Drive storage. When I open Google Photos on my phone the most recent photos are not shown. Selecting "Device Folders" and "Camera" where the default gallery is located also does not show the recent photos. If I use my phones Gallery app all photos are there. Also, at the same time I have an issue with Facebook and the gallery. When I try to upload a photo using the facebook app it takes me to the "Gallery" but a message "You don't have any photos or videos here". I'm not able to navigate to a different folder. Similarly when trying with Instagram to adda photo, the default directory is "Gallery" and is empty, but I can at least use "Other" and navigate to the Camera folder. When I try to add a photo using Messenger or Twitter those Apps just crash.

I should note that when viewing photos from the Gallery App I can share to any of those other apps without issue.

I tried clearing the cache and A few days ago I did a complete factory reset and after everything was reloaded things worked fine for a few days, but now its back to before. I'm totally lost here!

I have an LG V20 with Software version VS99520b

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Photo Gallery not working correctly with Apps, "Gallery" is either empty or crashes the app

Welcome to Android Central! If you use a file manager app, can you find the actual photo files in the /DCIM/Camera directory?

xdsmallx

Nov 7, 2018
Visit site
Re: Photo Gallery not working correctly with Apps, "Gallery" is either empty or crashes the app

yes, the default gallery app displays the DCI/Camera/ folder directly and all photos are there.

i am the original poster, I didn't realize I didn't have a login at the time.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Go to Settings>Apps, select Google Photos, and tap Permissions. Is Storage permission turned on?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Try clearing the app cache/data for Google Photos, then open it again and give it a few minutes to rebuild its database. Any luck?

joleneseattle

Nov 27, 2018
Visit site

I have the same problem I have uninstalled and reinstalled my apps. I have turned my storage permissions and off. I have forced stop, then cleared and emptied cache. Any solutions?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rootje