Pixel C? Or Wait?

shepherd_wood

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Hey, Jerry! My Nexus 9 fell victim to an overexcited toddler, and now I have a freshly cracked screen. I want to get a new tablet, but I'm vexed since Google just doesn't seem to care about the tablet market anymore. I use my tablet for browsing on the couch, watching videos with the wife when the kids have monopolized the TV to watch cartoons, reading, and occasionally doing some creative writing at night in bed when I can't sleep. I really haven't been a fan of any of the OEM skins on phones or tablets, so I've wanted to stick as close to Google's Android as possible.

Long and short: should I buy the Pixel C even though it's over a year old? Or should I wait and hope for some other Nexus/Pixel option?

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Wait until May if you can. If Google has plans for any type of tablet we'll find out then.

The Pixel C is still OK. But you're only going to have another year at the most before it's just outdated.

shepherd_wood

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Thanks, Jerry! I can make it until May; hopefully, they'll announce something then. My guess is a High-End Chromebook convertible that runs Android apps, which might just work out perfectly for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chariesdevil