Pixel - Signal dropping (Update: Google Knows)

DJM626

Oct 18, 2015
Visit site
Funny, this is the worst I have had. My LG G3 was wonky on wifi even when the wifi was working good, but it managed, and it always got great Lte connection. The Note was the best, both on my wifi and Lte. Though way back when I had a galaxy s3, I remember it wasn't great at connecting.

Galaxy 3 was a long time ago, one would think with technology advancing faster then one can blink an eye that those should all be things of the past

DJM626

Oct 18, 2015
Visit site
Supposedly just based on what I had read, not saying I believe everything I read that Googles excuse was for not offering waterproofing on phones was that they ran out of time? What kind of excuse are they going to come up with for their phones not being able to hold on to a signal?

DJM626

Oct 18, 2015
Visit site
It's a beautiful screen to look at and takes awesome pictures. Just don't expect to use it as it is intended to be used

DJM626

Oct 18, 2015
Visit site
I'm not totally sure but I don't think it does. If it did to mine I did not experience any problem with connecting to wi-fi, once I re set it. The resetting did not improve things for me though. Maybe it does for some but that was not my case

DJM626

Oct 18, 2015
Visit site
At this point, I would be totally content if I only had 1 or 2 bars of signal IF I didn't drop calls etc but once I started experiencing the dropped calls things changed for me. Funny thing is I was out with a friend tonight who has a Samsung Edge which she got last year and she is on Verizon too and she showed me her phone and she only had about 2 bars of 4G lite connectivity but she said that is pretty much the norm for her. Only difference is she doesn't drop any calls with it. That much I would be able to deal with

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I've had such horrible service with Verizon . . . I signed up with T-Mobile . . . true story . . .

If you are a moderate data user, look into project fi. I did a test and bought a 5x, took one of my Verizon lines, and tried fi for 2 months. I actually had stronger signals, and speed was just as fast. So I got the pixel, expecting this godly device that Google led us to believe, and im switching all my Verizon lines to fi as their contracts run out. By the way. So far I've got my pixel on fi, and that one works with full carrier switching, and ive got my S7 edge and ZTE axon 7 on fi. But since the S7 edge and axon 7 aren't Google phones, they stay connected to the T-mobile network. By the way, i guess I'm one of the lucky ones that doesn't have the call issues that you're all facing.

skinnytoo2

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
Still having issues. I'm gonna have to take this bad boy back and see what my options are. The signal drop reminds me of back in the day with GSM, the signal would just drop out when you walked into a building. Same thing here only it happens anywhere anytime. Very very sad!!!!

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
Sadly. I've posted my Pixel up for trade/sale. I'm looking for something comparable but not sure what's out there.

I just can't rely on a device that needs Wi-Fi to make phone calls. I don't know how long it's gonna take Google to fix this issue... But it's been too long already.

DJM626

Oct 18, 2015
Visit site
I'm just surprised that as big as an operation as Google is that they have not issued any kind of statements on any of this. One has to do their own research online only to find out that they are very much aware of the issues and hopefully they will have some answers soon. That gives little hope to all of us who shelled out our hard working dollars to purchase this handset.

They are not even able to tell us if they think it is software related for sure, hardware related or anything. One thing I give Apple credit for is they would have been all over this immediately. I was aware at time of purchase that there are going to be bugs as with anything new but I have even read a lot online saying that once Nexus users updated to 7.1 they have experienced dropped calls and poor connectivity as well. This leads me to believe it is software related, but they have been working on this for about 12 days now and so far........ Nothing!

anon(9708869)

Banned
Nov 3, 2015
Visit site
Sadly. I've posted my Pixel up for trade/sale. I'm looking for something comparable but not sure what's out there.

I just can't rely on a device that needs Wi-Fi to make phone calls. I don't know how long it's gonna take Google to fix this issue... But it's been too long already.

I'm in the return window with Verizon and I am going to exchange for the LGV20. Verizon said that they have had a lot of troubling shooting calls for the Pixel and would waive the restock fee. She said they have had little to no calls in her center about the V20. Just one reps story, but it's interesting.

DJM626

Oct 18, 2015
Visit site
I've got the same. And when I went in to Verizon the other day to exchange my first one the SA told me that I was the first one encountering any of these issues. I really find that hard to believe especially when I have read that this is happening with most carriers which use band 4. T Mobile is not one of them, hence they are not encountering any issues. I am totally baffled myself. I have to hang on. I don't wanna be searching for another phone only to find out that sometime this week they are going to find a fix for this or whatever then I am going to regret having to let it go.

Fortunately I dont make a ton of calls but having calls drop and not having someone be able to send me a text while I am on the phone without losing connectivity is the part that really sucks for me

DJM626

Oct 18, 2015
Visit site
Funny thing this being exclusive to Verizon when it first came out and you can't even get the damn thing to function on their network flawlessly as it should. I could understand if this was years ago but come on this is almost 2017

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Looked at an iPhone 7 soon after they came out but held off because of the signal drop issues mainly on Verizon. The i-forums were lit and livid over this and it went on for a good 2 months before a fix came out. Being the i-sheep they are mostly all of them patiently waited it out. Now I look into the Pixel soon after launch and I see the same thing going on with signal drops on Verizon. WTF? again, I say WTF? And a few what the hell's is going on here? So I now have zero interest in getting a pixel and rolling the dice on an expensive device only to risk having this issue. Didn't Google say something about not having enough time to do the water resistance thing? Looks like they rushed thru the other critical testing relating to RF. They pack so much functionality crap into these little pocket computers that they seemed to frequently fail on the basic off all basics. Making a call!

DJM626

Oct 18, 2015
Visit site
Looked at an iPhone 7 soon after they came out but held off because of the signal drop issues mainly on Verizon. The i-forums were lit and livid over this and it went on for a good 2 months before a fix came out. Being the i-sheep they are mostly all of them patiently waited it out. Now I look into the Pixel soon after launch and I see the same thing going on with signal drops on Verizon. WTF? again, I say WTF? And a few what the hell's is going on here? So I now have zero interest in getting a pixel and rolling the dice on an expensive device only to risk having this issue. Didn't Google say something about not having enough time to do the water resistance thing? Looks like they rushed thru the other critical testing relating to RF. They pack so much functionality crap into these little pocket computers that they seemed to frequently fail on the basic off all basics. Making a call!

In total agreement. Yes, people still use phones to make calls believe it or not! This should be one of the first things that is extensively tested on any handset, not how fast it is, not how good the camera is, not the screen resolution. The ability to connect.... And STAY connected.

Google claims that none of these issues were present at time of beta release

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bradypsnyder