Pixel - Signal dropping (Update: Google Knows)

anon(10057381)

Oct 17, 2016
Visit site
Re: Verizon Pixel XL - Dropping calls?

Also, have you tried another Verizon phone at your home? How does it compare?

I tried all four of my phones at home and at the office.(and also inside the Verizon corporate store, just to show them that the Pixel was the one with the call dropping problem) At all three locations, I was able to reproduce the problem, roughly 1 in 5 or 6 calls. The phones were Pixel XL, Galaxy S7, Note 5, iPhone 7. (all purchased from Verizon Wireless)

The more I think about it, the more I believe that the call dropping is a hardware issue that can't be fixed with a software update... but I sure hope I'm wrong.

vmaxed

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
Connectivity isn't fixed for me in spite of trying everything known and read on this forum. Still seeing hollow bars at times and dBm's that start at -90 which is very acceptable and then just by moving as much as a few inches from where I was, dropping to -114 dBms's. I hardly called that fixed.

I had 2 friends that I work with stop over at my place on Friday night, both on Verizon. 1 with an iPhone 7 plus the other with a Motorola. Both of their phones within the -85- -90dBm range and no hollow bars. What Matty032 was so kind to provide the link to in his last posting are suggestions of things that one can try, maybe for some that were not aware of these other things you can try to see if you have any luck, but while they may be a permanent fix for some, they do not work for all. I know as been stated many times in the past, many do not have these issues and or any issues at all to speak of, others are not so lucky in this respect. As of this week sometime, I will be moving on to another phone, until this is permanently fixed, or will wait it out until something else comes out and catches my eye. 3 months with something that still can not function as phone for some people is too long to wait, without hearing the same old story "Google is aware of these issues and is working on a fix"
Get a sim card from fi... https://fi.google.com/about/ it worked for me.For 30$ you can get a different # and try it if your happy with it you can port your Verizon #.We are saving 70$ a month and happy with it.

vignesmib

Jan 22, 2017
Visit site
Here the topic explain about Network Connection Failed Google Pixel and Pixel XL. How to fix this issue with help of basic tips and tricks mentioned below.
Network Connection Failed Google Pixel and Pixel XL: Fixed

http://www.bestandroidfix.com/network-connection-failed-google-pixel-pixel-xl-fixed/

Very annoying issue often arises on your Google Pixel and Pixel Xl device. Here the topic explain about LTE Band Connectivity Problem Google Pixel and Pixel XL. It not showing LTE signal and also you never seen LTE connection on the signal notification bar on your device. There can be so many reasons for this issue but we can solve this issue with fewer steps.
LTE Band Connectivity Problem Google Pixel and Pixel XL: Fixed

http://www.techpagesinfo.com/lte-band-connectivity-problem-google-pixel/

DJM626

Oct 18, 2015
Visit site
Tried them all and none of them work for me. Its great that you put this together, but these are basic steps that some of us that have gone through 3-4 times with this phone have already tried them to no avail. Those are suggestions of alternate things you can try to maybe correct the issue. While some maybe are not aware of these and might benefit from these, it is not a permanent fix by any means. At least in my case it isn't. To me this is almost the same as being told by Google to do a factory reset, or replace your SIM card or whatever else that does not work for many either.

It's an issue that is way more complex then going into phone settings and playing with toggles.

I just finished a wi-fi call and got disconnected 3 times, with a great wi-fi connection

anon(10057381)

Oct 17, 2016
Visit site
Here the topic explain about Network Connection Failed Google Pixel and Pixel XL. How to fix this issue with help of basic tips and tricks mentioned below.
Network Connection Failed Google Pixel and Pixel XL: Fixed

Network Connection Failed Google Pixel and Pixel XL: Fixed - Best Android Fix

Very annoying issue often arises on your Google Pixel and Pixel Xl device. Here the topic explain about LTE Band Connectivity Problem Google Pixel and Pixel XL. It not showing LTE signal and also you never seen LTE connection on the signal notification bar on your device. There can be so many reasons for this issue but we can solve this issue with fewer steps.
LTE Band Connectivity Problem Google Pixel and Pixel XL: Fixed

LTE Band Connectivity Problem Google Pixel and Pixel XL: Fixed - Tech Pages Info

didn't work.... at least not on Verizon Pixel XL on Verizon network.

matty032

Trusted Member
Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
Tried them all and none of them work for me. Its great that you put this together, but these are basic steps that some of us that have gone through 3-4 times with this phone have already tried them to no avail. Those are suggestions of alternate things you can try to maybe correct the issue. While some maybe are not aware of these and might benefit from these, it is not a permanent fix by any means. At least in my case it isn't. To me this is almost the same as being told by Google to do a factory reset, or replace your SIM card or whatever else that does not work for many either.

It's an issue that is way more complex then going into phone settings and playing with toggles.

I just finished a wi-fi call and got disconnected 3 times, with a great wi-fi connection
When your at home, have you turned on airplane mode? Then turn on just Wi-Fi? Do your calls still drop in this setup? I have terrible signal at my home(I live in the boonies). So it saves my battery to turn off the cellular radio and just use Wi-Fi. I have never dropped a call in this setup, I was wondering if you would still drop calls. HTC has always had poor antennas. I suspect some batches of the HTC made pixels have a hardware issue, and therefore cannot be fixed.

DJM626

Oct 18, 2015
Visit site
The only thing I have not tried yet was putting it in airplane mode. Is the call quality at least acceptable when going this route?

matty032

Trusted Member
Feb 7, 2010
Visit site

Yes, turn on airplane, then turn back on just the WiFi. I have flawless calls. Since it's not trying to decide between the poor Verizon signal, and WiFi. I am curious if it works for you.

matty032

Trusted Member
Feb 7, 2010
Visit site

I also do this at both work locations. Even though I have somewhat better signal there. It's still saves a ton of battery. I just have to remember to turn off airplane when I leave any of the three locations. I could automate it with tasker, but prefer the manual method.

matty032

Trusted Member
Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
I installed the 7.1.2 Beta. I will let you guys know if it helps any with the poor Verizon service when I get home later today.

DJM626

Oct 18, 2015
Visit site
I'm beginning to think that for those of us with these issues, there will never be a fix in play. I know this is only Beta, and things can change but if there isn't a fix this far in the game we will probably not see one. Or else, if there is one that comes later, at that point it will probably be getting closer to the Pixel 2 release.

I can just see the ads for it now.... "The new and improved Pixel 2 from Google. Now complete with LTE connectivity, Blue tooth that gets connected and stays connected and Wi-Fi that doesn't have to be enabled to make a phone call, and it's only going to cost you $200.00 more then the last one did"

Available "Only on the Nationwide #1 Network Verizon"

Last edited:

PhiPsi32

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site

+$200 is optimistic I think.

There was a publication a few years back on new tech. It basically said that it's more profitable to release new tech early, even if its buggy, than to wait for a mature version. The vendor can "go back later" and correct any deficiencies. I think we're seeing more of this mentality in the market place than we realize.

DJM626

Oct 18, 2015
Visit site

There was a publication a few years back on new tech. It basically said that it's more profitable to release new tech early, even if its buggy, than to wait for a mature version. The vendor can "go back later" and correct any deficiencies. I think we're seeing more of this mentality in the market place than we realize.

I agree but its probably P***ing a lot of people off in the process

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

It definitely is odd. I use it on T-Mobile with zero issues.. WiFI calling, VoLTE, Band 12, etc. work fine. Aquila (one of the other mods) uses his on VZW with no issues and he even lives in a pretty crappy signal area. Yet there are some on here that have some crazy LTE / WiFi / or even bluetooth issues.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greenbelte19