Pixel XL sold out? Buy an iPhone 7 Plus

Brandwin

Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
lol what? I ordered my wife an iPhone 7 plus last week and I still have to wait 3 weeks for it to ships. Happens with every iPhone release. Nice try though.

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Because Apple devices have NEVER gone on backorder right after release? Sounds like you were looking for a reason to change to Apple.

I have a feeling demand WAY outstripped supply, as can happen with major product launches. Apple has CERTAINLY had supply issues in the past, I recall people having to wait several weeks for iPhones in the past. In fact, the iPhone 7+ is on a 3-8 WEEKS ship delay right now, according to Apple's web site, depending on color and capacity choices.

I absolutely agree with you. I'm pretty upset about the wait, but iPhone - yuk. To be honest, my main phone is an S7 edge. I hope I enjoy the Pixel as much. I'm also thinking of picking up the ZTE axon 7 mini for its outstanding dolby atmos system.

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
Exactly. My brother ordered his iPhone 7 on release date. Still waiting for it to ship, in mid November...

Did he try the Apple Store? Sep 20th I walked in and got the 32gb iPhone 7. Exactly 1 week later I traded it in for the 32 gb iPhone 7 plus. 2 days later the 128 version became available so now I've had the 128 matte iPhone 7+ for about a month.

andrew_ackley

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
I did. Pixel XL is on such a back order and I hate my existing GS7, so I had to get out from under it. Shame really, since the idea of a Google phone really enticed me. I guess Google will hopefully learn from this.

I had a gs7 edge and note 7. I got "mad at Samsung" and went and got a 7 plus. It was cool for the first week or so. Then I got to the point where I would just kindly stare at my home screen. Maybe I just like to tinker with things but I was so bored by it.

Something else. While the LCD on the iPhone is pretty good, the colors just don't pop at all. Makes the whole experience look boring. Believe me you'll be missing Android before u know it. Especially if u hang out on this forum. If I were you I would wait for the pixel and just see. It's almost as fluid and bug free as the 7plus. Trust me.

RionDunn

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
I did. Pixel XL is on such a back order and I hate my existing GS7, so I had to get out from under it. Shame really, since the idea of a Google phone really enticed me. I guess Google will hopefully learn from this.

I currently won both devices right now. Both devices are so good that they pull me in opposite directions. I guess it really comes down to what you expect in a device. One thing that is a for sure guarantee and no one can say differently are the apps, not the amount of apps, but the optimization of the apps. They are WAY better on the iPhone and Apple products. In fact, I am pretty sure I will be returning my Pixel XL due to the fact that the apps are crap. Numerous games have audio issues, the Bluetooth is all messed up with my Bluetooth headset I use constantly and, in my experience, the iPhone has way better battery life and triple the amount of apps running all the time. The Pixel is just too expensive not to be up to par with the competition. Either way, both devices are great, but in some aspects are better then the other.

RionDunn

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
I currently won both devices right now. Both devices are so good that they pull me in opposite directions. I guess it really comes down to what you expect in a device. One thing that is a for sure guarantee and no one can say differently are the apps, not the amount of apps, but the optimization of the apps. They are WAY better on the iPhone and Apple products. In fact, I am pretty sure I will be returning my Pixel XL due to the fact that the apps are crap. Numerous games have audio issues, the Bluetooth is all messed up with my Bluetooth headset I use constantly and, in my experience, the iPhone has way better battery life and triple the amount of apps running all the time. The Pixel is just too expensive not to be up to par with the competition. Either way, both devices are great, but in some aspects are better then the other.

Sorry, own*****

zipro

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Why wait a month when you can have a crappy device for the same price.

While I love my Pixel XL, which was very hard to get as I had to import it (Google's not selling them in Switzerland), I wouldn't exactly call an iPhone 7 Plus a 'crappy device'. The OS might be boring, but it works exceptionally well. The hardware - well, there's no denying that the Pixel XL looks eerily similar, but lacks water resistance and OIS.

I'd say they're both excellent in their own way.

1dtbrown

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
From a 4x retired phone to, two Note 7's, then back to 5x retired phone, to Pixel XL backorder, then I hit the streets looking for anything and found someone had returned a 256GB 7+ which I, with questions excepted. I knew I could alway return it.

The phone should be great once I get better with iOS 10. Since, I have found one stopwatch App in the App Store with features the Android apps do not have. BTW I have loaded my go to Google Apps right from the App store. I watched a online video of the 7+ soundly beating the Pixel. The race was to see which phone could start apps fastest. Not that this is something we do but it showed the absolute dominance of the A10 chip. I have noticed voices are not as clear as the Samsung HD calling feature IMO in my area using Verizon.

And lastly as a "tech weenie" I do take pride in having the best hardware available period. Folks look at the comparisons in specs, I think it will take Android two years to catch up with the current Apple chip and total package. I did not think I would ever have an iPhone but I am learning the system the rest of my family uses and I fixed their phones before I had an iPhone. So not is all lost, I am sure I will now be a lover of both systems.

Last edited:

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
From a 4x retired phone to, two Note 7's, then back to 5x retired phone, to Pixel XL backorder, then I hit the streets looking for anything and found someone had returned a 256GB 7+ which I, with questions excepted. I knew I could alway return it.

The phone should be great once I get better with iOS 10. Since, I have found one stopwatch App in the App Store with features the Android apps do not have. BTW I have loaded my go to Google Apps right from the App store. I watched a online video of the 7+ soundly beating the Pixel. The race was to see which phone could start apps fastest. Not that this is something we do but it showed the absolute dominance of the A10 chip. I have noticed voices are not as clear as the Samsung HD calling feature IMO in my area using Verizon.

And lastly as a "tech weenie" I do take pride in having the best hardware available period. Folks look at the comparisons in specs, I think it will take Android two years to catch up with the current Apple chip and total package. I did not think I would ever have an iPhone but I am learning the system the rest of my family uses and I fixed their phones before I had an iPhone. So not is all lost, I am sure I will now be a lover of both systems.
Trust me, if you personally tried a Pixel you would definitely know that the iPhone does not completely dominate the Pixel. I have both and my iPhone 7 plus probably only loads games faster but that's about it. Take what you watch on YouTube with a grain of salt cuz there are also videos out there that show the Pixel beating out the iPhone 7. Both are great devices Android will always be my primary as iOS just lacks some functionality that I'm accustomed to.

AbAll87

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Hum my brother ordered an iPhone 7 32GB and he had to wait a month for his phone to arrive... To me it just feels that you are impatient and want a phone now...

I do agree with you though. No one should have to wait a month for their phone to ship. But don't make it sound like this issue is not also with Apple

I800C0LLECT

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I've been watching Verizon online as well as Google and keeping in touch with the local Verizon retail stores.

The website has never correctly displayed inventory of the local stores. But, they've been receiving shipments almost daily. I finally decided to bite after my wife went in and browsed devices. After contemplating what we wanted for options, I called the local store and, luckily, they had just received another shipment. They held a silver and black xl 32GB for us... I'm still skeptical that I may need to order a 128GB though

Edit: forgot to mention, the few times I called since Oct 20th, their site claimed local stores had zero stock. Verizon online chat confirmed the same. Every time I called those stores, they had the devices, including 128GB version of a pixel(I'm sure that's gone). The 128GB XL phones were gone by Sunday though

Last edited:

AndroidBirdie

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
While I love my Pixel XL, which was very hard to get as I had to import it (Google's not selling them in Switzerland), I wouldn't exactly call an iPhone 7 Plus a 'crappy device'. The OS might be boring, but it works exceptionally well. The hardware - well, there's no denying that the Pixel XL looks eerily similar, but lacks water resistance and OIS.

I'd say they're both excellent in their own way.

How did you import and where from? Asking because I live in Austria, pretty much the same situation.

1dtbrown

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
Trust me, if you personally tried a Pixel you would definitely know that the iPhone does not completely dominate the Pixel. I have both and my iPhone 7 plus probably only loads games faster but that's about it. Take what you watch on YouTube with a grain of salt cuz there are also videos out there that show the Pixel beating out the iPhone 7. Both are great devices Android will always be my primary as iOS just lacks some functionality that I'm accustomed to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Na0JRDMAoKM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5VGB4GdShQ

two tests two different winners you are right

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site

i know this is AndroidCentral and i shouldn't be saying this (don't worry ill lay low for a while) but the iPhone 7 is a fantastic device. So i wouldn't think for a second that by not getting the Pixel you are 'Downgrading'. They are both very capable device. Well worth the cash.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
i know this is AndroidCentral and i shouldn't be saying this (don't worry ill lay low for a while) but the iPhone 7 is a fantastic device. So i wouldn't think for a second that by not getting the Pixel you are 'Downgrading'. They are both very capable device. Well worth the cash.
Haha you're allowed to share you opinions - no worries :p.