Pixels accounting for 7.5% of Verizon phone activations since launch

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Thanks to whichever mod fixed the thread title!

According to this article: Google Pixel sales are strong at Verizon as big advertising spend continues | Android Central...

... Pixels are accounting for 7.5% of all phone activations at Verizon since their launch. Factor in the fact that there's been some availability issues at Verizon as well, that's pretty darn impressive.

It would be really interesting to see what percentage share the competitive flagships are taking (iPhone 7 & 7 Plus, Galaxy S7 & S7 Edge, LG V10 & V20, and HTC 10), particularly in light of the fact that Google has been suffering more issues of availability than most - and taking into account that those other flagships are not dividing up the remaining 92.5% as many of those phone activations are going to any number of the more affordable phone options Verizon has available.

Not trying to say "OMG GOOGLE IS KILLING THEM ALL IN SALES" as (1) I doubt it's outselling all of them (though I suspect it is outselling some), and (2) Verizon is clearly pushing them pretty hard, but given that to the folks walking into the stores it's still pretty much an unknown brand to them as far as wireless devices goes I think it definitely legitimizes them as a real competitor, even at the price at which Google has opted to introduce them.

Last edited:

anon(9227267)

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
I too would be interested in the %s other "flagship phone - as well as what the 5 of Pixel activations would be if the availability had been better. Pixel seems to be off to a decent start at least.

hal1

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
Nothing in that sounds amazing, actually pretty average.

7.5% means that only 1 in 13 phones are Google pixels. Considering there aren't thirteen different Flagship phones out there, I'm not sure I see anything particularly interesting in that number. If anything, it could be titled "only 1 in 13 phones activated on Verizon are pixels"

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Nothing in that sounds amazing, actually pretty average.

7.5% means that only 1 in 13 phones are Google pixels. Considering there aren't thirteen different Flagship phones out there, I'm not sure I see anything particularly interesting in that number. If anything, it could be titled "only 1 in 13 phones activated on Verizon are pixels"

It may well be insignificant, but without knowing the relative sales figures of the other flagships we can't rule out that it might not be. If, as a hypothetical example, 50%of activations are on inexpensive or 'free' phones, that would indicate that just under 1/3 of the flagships activated were Pixels, which would be quite a testament. That 50% might in actuality be closer to 30% or to 70%, but without knowing...

The point being, it would be interesting to know if the Pixels are holding close to (or possibly -though unlikely - beating) the two 'kings of the hill": Samsung and Apple.

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
My guess it's it's 40% Apple, 39% Samsung, 10% Droid, 7% Pixel, 4% whatever else they sell.

I wouldn't be surprised if that guess were to prove close, but a large chunk of those iPhone and Samsung sales would likely be for older or lesser models. The curiosity I have concerns the sales distribution, for those buying very best, latest, and greatest and paying the top tier price - not those buying older flagships like iPhone 6s, Galaxy S6, etc which Verizon still sells (for substantially less) or lesser current models.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Intellect works