Poll: Evo 3D or Samsung galaxy S2?

Evo 3D or Galaxy S2?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ben dover

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Would you rather have the Evo 3D or Galaxy S2?

at first choice, I'd say Evo 3D but if everything went the way I wanted then it's a hard choice:

Lets say Cyanogen picks up both devices and source code is released for both in a timely manor.

And if they are both priced at $200 which one would you prefer?

One thing I got to keep in mind is that the Snapdragon's will have netflix.

og_president

Banned
Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
And they were both on Sprint?

Damn that's hard

3d vs super amoled

Snapdragon vs hummingbird

Taiwan vs Japan

The Sammy wins. Its just so pertty
Its super skinny

Swyped from my Gingerbread'ed Optimus S

Last edited:

liquidxit2

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Its a samsung source code will take forever to make it online. Honestly thinking about a dual core evo with a 3d screen makes me wonder if it will make it through half a day on battery before needing a charge.

wburleson

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I like both phones, but I have no need for 3D. With that being said it will come down to this: If the Galaxy S2 comes to Sprint then that's my new phone; if not it will be the 3D.

ben dover

May 25, 2010
Visit site
I'm not in a rush to buy. if the s2 comes to sprint then I will wait and see how the development pans out for both phones. if sammy gets source code out quickly and cyanogen mod comes to both then I might get the s2.

The other thing I'll need to see is the benchmarks for both and how each overclocks.

maybe by the time I buy they will drop in price on sales like it seems most phones do these days now.

EDIT: also, I currently have the evo so that's why I'm looking towards the evo 3D. I also like HTC better than Samsung but in the end, I'll buy whichever phone is best for me :)

Last edited:

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
If they're both available on Sprint, then it would all come down to the camera and battery life.

But if the S2 takes months to come to Sprint (like the Epic did) then I'll go with the Evo 3D.

enzofall

Aug 12, 2010
www.youtube.com
Played with both. Prefer the Evo 3D greatly. I will never get a Samsung phone. They have a horrible updating history on the intercept and epic

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

og_president

Banned
Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Played with both. Prefer the Evo 3D greatly. I will never get a Samsung phone. They have a horrible updating history on the intercept and epic

We know they have horrible updating history buy the OP says if they both had timly source code rollouts so we could always have the most current version with out waiting months

ben dover

May 25, 2010
Visit site
We know they have horrible updating history buy the OP says if they both had timly source code rollouts so we could always have the most current version with out waiting months

That's why I'm waiting to buy my next phone. It most likely will come down to who releases source code in a timely manor and whether or not the dev community embraces both. That's when I'll make my decision.

DCLocal

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
HTC all the way!

I love the thinness of the Galaxy but thats about it. The lighter weight is nice in one sense but lends to the already cheap feel of the phone and I really do not care for TouchWiz.

On the other hand, having the EVO 4G now, I'm a true HTC fan. And while I often use 3rd party launchers and am presently running Cyanogen, I really like Sense and what I see in 3.0. I personally can't wait for the 3D. I'm upgrade eligible on June 1 so I say BRING IT!

linzgeneral

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site

How is the sharpness of the text for the Samsung compared to the EVO3D? Did resolving the pentile issue make that much of a difference that you could see? Afterall, it is still only 480 by 800 on a 4.27 screen. Did you notice a huge leap in the sharpness of the text in the new QHD screen on the EVO 3D? Thanks as I read and surf the web a lot and resolution has always been my most critical feature on a phone.

original00

May 13, 2010
Visit site
I love the Evo but I wouldn't mind trying out the SGS2. Really tough choice. I'm not as worried about netflix bcos I'm not usually watching a movie on my phone. Now if only Android would get netflix on tablets....

lionsson

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
I've own 2 Samsung Smartphone and just on principal I will not buy a Samsung phone at least for 2 years. No matter how amazing the hardware may be. On the other hand we have LG coming strong..

milominderbinde

May 25, 2010
Visit site
EVO 3D, I think. But I want to see everything first.

The battery is big. Gingerbread has improved power management. Dual core if done right can use less power.

Officerpolabear

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
What I'm looking in these phones, is something that can run 3D games flawlessly (I'm talking and about the dungeon defender type games) and also does the super amoled plus actually improve clarity? I've heard reports of it doing so but I'm not sure.

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Evo easily.

Htc has much better developer support, faster updates, and the phones keep working!

Samsung on the other hand is thee opposite, plus their phones suck after a while.

Swyped from my HTC EVO 4G using tapatalk!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
isaacmause