Prevent the update ..!!

Jimmy Le1

May 22, 2015
Visit site
Hi All .
Just got ATT G S5 with Android 4.4.4 ..Needs help ..
1 / How do I keep my S5 not to upgrade to Lollipop ..?
2 / What services that I can safely disable , I use my phone just for work ..no games ..)
3 / There is the app "My magazine" ..keeps pop up when I accidentally swipe from left to right ..how do I uninstall it ..

Thanks ..

Last edited:

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
A rooted phone won't update. (It'll receive the update, run to somewhere around 25% checking things, find that the phone's been rooted, and "fail". (It's really saying, "sorry, it's not safe to update a phone that's been rooted at any time in the past", but they just give us the failure notice.

If you want to avoid even seeing the notices that there are updates (and the forced download eventually), freeze (you can use Link2SD) the Updater app (the ROM I'm currently using has it removed, so I don't remember if it's under U for Updater, S for Samsung Updater or, in my case A for AT&T Updater). Then you can unfreeze it if they ever get Lollipop working, or if there's something in Android 6 worth updating to. (I'll have to reflash the stock ROM to get it back and update if I ever want to.)

You can't stop the updates without rooting unless you never have Wifi or Mobile Data turned on.

BR34KF4ST

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
the my magazine thing just pinch in your screen and press home screen settings.then off 'my magazine'

Posted via the Android Central App

Latest posts

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
franzmorais