Problem with sound on S4

savmandy

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
I was listening to music yesterday on my phone, and it was loud. The song finished, and when the next one started, it started making weird sounds until it stopped working altogether. The thing is, the sound is like that only with headphones, the speakers are working just fine. And my headphones are working fine too, I tried them on other devices and even tried other headphones in my own phone, but the problem persists. Anyone who had the same problem could help me please? Is there a way of fixing it without having to send it to Samsung?

Sent from my GT-I9500 using AC Forums mobile app

gdmin

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
if it's a hardwre failure you'll have to send it to Samsung (covered by warrantly?) or to the local repair which will cost you money.

realsuprimo

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I also have a problem with headphones (standard Samsung headphones) when my battery level hits 50 the sound from headphones starts to scratch and cut intermittently, I don't have a solution for my problem except for recharging or stop listening to music altogether

My device is GT-I9500 Android 4.2.2
Any help or advice will be appreciated

via Tapatalk, 4 Galaxies away

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I also have a problem with headphones (standard Samsung headphones) when my battery level hits 50 the sound from headphones starts to scratch and cut intermittently, I don't have a solution for my problem except for recharging or stop listening to music altogether

My device is GT-I9500 Android 4.2.2
Any help or advice will be appreciated

I'd try a different audio player and different headphones if you haven't already. Hopefully too, you don't have the volume very loud.

S IV

savmandy

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, but it's just so weird because the speakers work. The headphones' sound is back but the quality is just terrible.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, but it's just so weird because the speakers work. The headphones' sound is back but the quality is just terrible.

That is indeed strange. I get surprisingly good sound straight into my Sennheiser HD595's and they have typically benefited from my HeadRoom Total Bithead headphone amp in the past with other portable gear but with the S4 its use has not been necessary. The sound has really been good (AT&T S4). I wonder if we have different audio subsystems...I think we may.

S IV

realsuprimo

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I'd try a different audio player and different headphones if you haven't already. Hopefully too, you don't have the volume very loud.

S IV

I normally use winamp player, in the case I used the Samsung music app and the free version of N7 player on the play store with no success. It's kind of a bummer, and also I thought it could be my sd card and I moved my music to device storage But that didn't help either. Could it be a software problem? Cos I like this phone.

via tapatalk, 4 galaxies away

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
It could be software, maybe something is running in the background really hogging the CPU. You may have stated but what model do you have (I have the SGH-I337)?

S IV

STSVA

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Maybe a connection problem? Have you tried rotating the earphone plug in the jack and making sure it's fully plugged in?

savmandy

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
I don't believe it's the software, I reset my phone and it still didn't work. And it's not a problem in the connection of the jack either.

DroidArmy

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
My best guess is that your phone had a quick heart attack and something failed. Try a factory reset, and then send it in if that doesn't solve the issue

realsuprimo

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
It could be software, maybe something is running in the background really hogging the CPU. You may have stated but what model do you have (I have the SGH-I337)?

S IV

I think you are correct it could be a background app hogging the processor, I tried multiple headphones and earphones and switched music apps, the only reasonable explanation is the processor. Thanks for input. OP sorry for high jacking your post.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karim174