Qi Wireless Charging Kit turns on and off repeatedly

zjhehe

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
I bought a generic Qi wireless charging kit. It has a white receiver which you open up the back cover of the galaxy s4 and then fit the prongs in place. Then closed the back cover and put it on my charger pad. The charger pad is powered by my OEM Samsung 2A output adapter so that should be plenty of power. There are two lights, one red that is constantly on which I assume is the power light. The other light is green, but it flashes. I'm not sure if it is supposed to do this, but pretty sure it is not as my phone will display a popup notification that wireless charging is enabled. One second later, the popup is gone and the battery icon no longer shows the thunderbolt charging symbol. Another second later, the notification comes back and the battery icon shows the thunderbolt charging symbol. So both the charger pad flashes and my phone's notification and battery charger icon appear and disappear every few seconds repeatedly, anyone know what is going on?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
It isn't getting a good connection. Try adjusting the position of the phone on the pad. Also if you are using any kind of metal case, then remove the case

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

zjhehe

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
It isn't getting a good connection. Try adjusting the position of the phone on the pad. Also if you are using any kind of metal case, then remove the case

actually no, I tried with no case. I even tried charging my phone coverless and yet still happens. I really hope its not the receiver put the charger pad. Any recommended brands of wireless chargers that deliver a strong signal? I'm currently looking at the Nokia DT910 and the ChoeTech charger. The Panasonic Qi charger seems very highly recommended by way out of my budget. What do you think?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
The Nokia and lg ones worked well for me.

hog1340

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
I have the same issue with my s4. I am on the road and not sure of the q1 charger brand i have, it was onsale around christmas on the at&t site. Anyway the 2 q1 chargers we have both charge my wife's s3 fine, but on my s4 it does as zjhehe described. Any other advise would be appreicated.

houmanrm

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
I have the same problem, only my phone is a Nexus 5.
I bought my charger on ebay for $9.13 It has a green light always on, and a red light that turns on when charging.
Sometimes it works fine, but other times it will turn on and off every 2 seconds. The phone makes a noise every time. It is annoying.
I got partially reimbursed. Will buy and try another make.

Mario Guardado

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
I was having the same problem with my Note3 using a receiver tag and a cheap charging pad. I figured out the problem was that the pad's induction coil was too far away from the receiver's coil, 2 or 3 mm I guess. I opened the charging pad and noticed the coil taped to the bottom cover and slightly inclined from the vertical. I taped the coil to the upper cover instead and now the phone charges continuously. poorly manufactured charging pad... pretty much what I expected for $7

Didjit

Dec 16, 2016
Visit site
This is an old thread, but a current issue. So for anyone stumbling across this, I had a different solution. I'm using an after-market charging receiver "card" that's taped to my battery and has a tab that connects to the phone's charging contacts. I noticed that the foam backing over the connector tab had become squished and off-center over time. By replacing it (right now with just a stack of trimmed post-its :) ) the behavior improved immediately. There just needs to be enough bulk on the tab to push against the spring-loaded contacts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hellofello