Question about Froyo and Epic

nimhero

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Lol the guy at the Sprint store I went into was sitting there listening to music on his Epic. I asked him about the battery issues on the epic and if he knew if there would be a fix. His response "What battery issue, mine lasts like 10 hours a day".

I listen to music at work all day, and I get about 8hrs straight of pandora, and 10+ with music on the sd card.

Minus some data problems(slow data at my house, whereit was once blazing fast) since the update and this terrible screen wobble, I don't have any of the major issues.

jwilcox09

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
This would be seriously awesome, i just switched from a Hero to the Epic and its lightyears ahead, but I had froyo on my hero and I miss the UI very much....Lets get on this Samsung...

scheets973

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Samsung is the one that customizes froyo to their device I thought. I was hearing october for the galaxy s phones. Sprint has to approve it I am sure.

Anyone else amazed at how small our community is haha. :cool:

messiah143

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I really think Froyo 2.2 will be out by the end of October and possibly the first part of November. There has been some good support come our way from Sprint and Samsumg fixing some bugs that we had and there is so more bugs that still need to be address. After all this is Samsung's top of the line smartphone device. Also, after Froyo 2.2 comes on all of the Galaxy S phones hopefully we can get Gingerbread 3.0 in the future.

acegolfer

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
Gonna get them tomorrow AM! This thread has encouraged me and also the recent fixes sent for the GPS on the other Galaxy phone(s).

:rolleyes:

Consider Transform, which launches tomorrow. It will also get 2.2 this year. It will save you $340 over 2 years.

I played with it today and it's not Epic but a very decent one. My wife is getting it tomorrow.

jkarpovitch

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
Lol the guy at the Sprint store I went into was sitting there listening to music on his Epic. I asked him about the battery issues on the epic and if he knew if there would be a fix. His response "What battery issue, mine lasts like 10 hours a day".

10hrs?!? my buddy gets 24hrs on a charge on his blackberry bold with heavy data usage like pandora and stuff...i want a bigger battery!! :(

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
I'm considering switching from an Evo (because it would be free, I do LOVE my Evo) but froyo makes all the difference in the world. At least it did for the Evo, so the epic better get froyo otherwise Sammy is boned as a phone manufacturer imo.

chenDawg

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I'm considering switching from an Evo (because it would be free, I do LOVE my Evo) but froyo makes all the difference in the world. At least it did for the Evo, so the epic better get froyo otherwise Sammy is boned as a phone manufacturer imo.

I'm wth this guy.

As long as I can get Froyo, I'll be happy until a good WP7 comes out.

Sent from Epic on Tapatalk.

Adam Sawyer

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
Not trying to rain on anybody's parade, but Froyo isn't all that different from Eclair.... at all.

The UI is nearly identical except for a few added features in the settings... And when the Evo switched over I noticed some performance decrease from the browser -- namely the pinch & zoom feature.

We'll see how it plays out on the Epic, but I'm just saying, don't think it's going to completely change the phone or anything like that. On the other hand, there are many internal changes such as native wimax, better battery life, JIT, Flash, etc.

acegolfer

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
Not trying to rain on anybody's parade, but Froyo isn't all that different from Eclair.... at all.

The UI is nearly identical except for a few added features in the settings... And when the Evo switched over I noticed some performance decrease from the browser -- namely the pinch & zoom feature.

We'll see how it plays out on the Epic, but I'm just saying, don't think it's going to completely change the phone or anything like that. On the other hand, there are many internal changes such as native wimax, better battery life, JIT, Flash, etc.

I disagree.

About 3 months ago, I upgraded from Eclair to Froyo on my Android Touch. Froyo ran 2-3 times faster. It may look similar on eyes, but JIT makes a huge difference. Every app opened faster. The UI may look similar but there are differences in google apps such as browser, gmail, market, etc.

The improvement on higher spec phones such as Epic will be smaller but nevertheless, we will see improvements.

anon(49580)

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm hoping it solves my corporate email coming in with html tags and actually shows the images. My emails can be somewhat difficult to read sometimes since it just comes through with the url links...

I'm also hoping that it will solve the total html formating of emails added to my calendar (open an email > menu > add to calendar)

Aero

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site

Let's hope fixing the GPS is at the very top of the list of what comes with Froyo.

I think you are missing also that we have a crippled touch wiz due to the slider forced landscape and full 3.0 is expected to be implemented together with Froyo for Epic.

Lastly and Froyo specific, there is the issue of the apps on the card.