Quick Ordering Question: Unlocked vs Verizon w/ Sim Card

diesteldorf

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I am hoping someone can provide a definitive answer. I placed my order as soon as I could, to avoid having delays due to limited quantities.

I ordered the Pixel 2 XL 128 GB Just Black and received an email that the device would ship on approximately 10/23/17.

I wanted to confirm 100% that I ordered the Unlocked model and not the Verizon version.

My email confirmation and order details are not specific. I called Google to verify and they also said they were unable to confirm.

He was nice and said, "Don't worry. The phones are the same except the Verizon one will have a bootloader that can't be unlocked and can't be rooted....."

I know this isn't a big deal to some, but I like using XDA mods, custom kernels etc.,

Can anyone advise if it's possible to tell which model was ordered?

I am 70% sure I selected the Unlocked model. Did anyone order the Verizon version by choice and receive any confirmation via email or in Order History that specifies Verizon?

On a side note, this was the first time that a support rep specifically discussed the bootloader and rooting without being prompted....

KillerQ

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
1F705E58-C647-48C2-8094-A4C74E331FBC.jpeg1F705E58-C647-48C2-8094-A4C74E331FBC.jpeg

I see your point. After ordering the unlocked version myself, the order confirmation and receipt does not SPECIFICALLY state whether or not it is unlocked vs Verizon. Unless the those who ordered a Verizon one have a confirmation that it says VERIZON on the order. That would help clarify.

Can anyone chime in who ordered the Verizon version from the google store?

Thanks.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
View attachment 270336View attachment 270336

I see your point. After ordering the unlocked version myself, the order confirmation and receipt does not SPECIFICALLY state whether or not it is unlocked vs Verizon. Unless the those who ordered a Verizon one have a confirmation that it says VERIZON on the order. That would help clarify.

Can anyone chime in who ordered the Verizon version from the google store?

Thanks.

The Verizon order from Google says Verizon sim enabled

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
justinedwards