Recover unsynced app data after logging out

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hello

My issue is with a productivity app "todoist" on an LG g5

I was unable to sync local changes, and tried several methods to work this out along with the company's representative, none of which worked.

I attempted to solve it by logging out, assuming that logging back in may solve the problem.

Now the app won't sign in, and i'm hoping to find my locally-stored un-synced data once i manage to log-in

The error i get is : An unknown error occurred, please wait a few seconds and try again. And it seems that to make it work again all I have left is to remove and reinstall the app.

The local unsynced data is very valuable for me, when I go to the app's info it shows that the stored data size is around 6mb.. For me that means that it's still there somewhere.. I wish to find the files and back them up then load them after reinstalling.

Would appreciate some deep help here.
Thanks in advance

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Hello

My issue is with a productivity app "todoist" on an LG g5

I was unable to sync local changes, and tried several methods to work this out along with the company's representative, none of which worked.

I attempted to solve it by logging out, assuming that logging back in may solve the problem.

Now the app won't sign in, and i'm hoping to find my locally-stored un-synced data once i manage to log-in

The error i get is : An unknown error occurred, please wait a few seconds and try again. And it seems that to make it work again all I have left is to remove and reinstall the app.

The local unsynced data is very valuable for me, when I go to the app's info it shows that the stored data size is around 6mb.. For me that means that it's still there somewhere.. I wish to find the files and back them up then load them after reinstalling.

Would appreciate some deep help here.
Thanks in advance

Some apps retain their data when you uninstall them so the data's available when you reinstall... most don't. Was the app syncing with any cloud storage or was all the data on phone only? If it's on the phone a good file explorer might be able to find and save a copy of the apps data folder... then the uninstall won't take the data with it. It sounds important enough that I would back it up if possible to an SD card and a pc just to be safe.