reinstall secure folder ??

jtfwTX

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
Settings, security and privacy, more security settings, at the top is secure folder. Does that work then?

monkeycsk

Nov 30, 2017
Visit site
Settings, security and privacy, more security settings, at the top is secure folder. Does that work then?
at more security settings ... the top item is Secure WiFi. secure folder is not there.

naturally, the first place i looked to reinstall was the Galaxy Store, but secure folder is not there.

i got the latest secure folder apk from here, however when i tried to install it, i got this error 'secure folder - app not installed as package appears to be invalid'

Last edited:

monkeycsk

Nov 30, 2017
Visit site
How did you uninstall it? ADB?
i use the a program (canta) with Shizuku.

i downloaded and reinstalled the secure folder apk v1.9.10.27. now when i launch secure folder, i get the following screen, when i press 'decrypt' it takes me to another secure 'use password after restart'...but whatever i enter, the screen just sits there and does not go away.

hmm..it's asking for the previous PIN after a factory reset. unfortunately, i can not remember it.

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20240505_160828_Android System.jpg
    SmartSelect_20240505_160828_Android System.jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

i downloaded and reinstalled the secure folder apk v1.9.10.27. now when i launch secure folder, i get the following screen, when i press 'decrypt' it takes me to another secure 'use password after restart'...but whatever i enter, the screen just sits there and does not go away.

hmm..it's asking for the previous PIN after a factory reset. unfortunately, i can not remember it.
I don't know if backups still work with Samsung account and can choose restore but I definitely know backups to Samsung PC Smart switch u can restore.
If you look to disable things best bet package disabler pro so you don't run into these things going forward

Village_Idiot

Oct 9, 2023
Visit site

Secure Folder is tied to your Samsung account. Another question. Did you root?

monkeycsk

Nov 30, 2017
Visit site
I don't know if backups still work with Samsung account and can choose restore but I definitely know backups to Samsung PC Smart switch u can restore.
If you look to disable things best bet package disabler pro so you don't run into these things going forward
i look into restore, but i do not see the secure folder anywhere. also, i do not use samsung pc smart switch because i have a Mac

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
i look into restore, but i do not see the secure folder anywhere. also, i do not use samsung pc smart switch because i have a Mac
Ahh ok yeah not sure if Mac can do that , so in settings>accounts and back up there no restore for secure folder? Possible they took that option out

monkeycsk

Nov 30, 2017
Visit site
Ahh ok yeah not sure if Mac can do that , so in settings>accounts and back up there no restore for secure folder? Possible they took that option out
in settings->accunts and backup, i do see secure folder settings (restore from backup), when i tap on it, it also bring up the same screen.
actually, i already re-installed secure folder, but i just can just passed the screen where it asks for password.

one of the restore options is 'settings and permissions', will this help??

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20240505_160828_Android System.jpg
    SmartSelect_20240505_160828_Android System.jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 14

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
in settings->accunts and backup, i do see secure folder settings (restore from backup), when i tap on it, it also bring up the same screen
Try going forward on the screen if I remember correctly there should be a restore toggle in the settings of secure folder

monkeycsk

Nov 30, 2017
Visit site
Ah. Once you log into the Secure Folder it decrypts it so you can access it. When you log out of it, or restart your phone, it re-encrypts it so someone else can't access its contents; even if they are able to unlock the phone.
i tried all the passwords i could possibly remember, but no dice

Village_Idiot

Oct 9, 2023
Visit site
i tried all the passwords i could possibly remember, but no dice
That is not cool. Can you disable it in Settings?

I stand corrected on a previous statement. You can setup a PIN, password, pattern, or use fingerprint unlock. However, there is a toggle to reset using Samsung account.

Do you have anything important stored or installed (i.e. apps) in your Secure Folder that is not stored anywhere else?

Worst case scenario is that you will need to backup your data and factory reset your phone. That will reset Secure Folder back to factory default (and obviously delete anything in it). At that point, you should be able to enable it and set a new PIN or password. etc..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahholbrook122