reinstall secure folder ??

monkeycsk

Nov 30, 2017
Visit site
That is not cool. Can you disable it in Settings?

I stand corrected on a previous statement. You can setup a PIN, password, pattern, or use fingerprint unlock. However, there is a toggle to reset using Samsung account.

Do you have anything important stored or installed (i.e. apps) in your Secure Folder that is not stored anywhere else?

Worst case scenario is that you will need to backup your data and factory reset your phone. That will reset Secure Folder back to factory default (and obviously delete anything in it). At that point, you should be able to enable it and set a new PIN or password. etc..i
i do not have anything important stored in secure folder. i disabled it once because every time i power up the phone, i get the secure folder notification and you need to unlock to remove it.
just today, i wanted to reactivated it but it keeps asking for a password which i, sadly, i can't remember.

i had done factory reset a couple of times with my S22U, though i restored most, it still took time to get everything back to normal. so i do not think i would do a factory reset just to use secure folder.

for now, i keep trying different passwords and dealing with 'try again in xx minutes' when the password i enter is wrong.

Reactions: Village_Idiot

Village_Idiot

Oct 9, 2023
Visit site
i do not have anything important stored in secure folder. i disabled it once because every time i power up the phone, i get the secure folder notification and you need to unlock to remove it.
just today, i wanted to reactivated it but it keeps asking for a password which i, sadly, i can't remember.

i had done factory reset a couple of times with my S22U, though i restored most, it still took time to get everything back to normal. so i do not think i would do a factory reset just to use secure folder.

for now, i keep trying different passwords and dealing with 'try again in xx minutes' when the password i enter is wrong.
Ok. Use the Force.

monkeycsk

Nov 30, 2017
Visit site
Can you choose forgot password?
i logged out of samsung account, then chose 'forgot password' to reset my password.

now going back to secure folder, it asks for a password with 'try agin in 2 hours' because i kept trying with a different password this morning and every time i gave the wrong password, it extends the time for me to enter a new one.

am i correct when i can enter my password, this would be the NEW password i just created???

i will report back in 2 hours when it allows me to enter the password and let you know if the new password works or not. i will cross all my fingers.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
i logged out of samsung account, then chose 'forgot password' to reset my password.

now going back to secure folder, it asks for a password with 'try agin in 2 hours' because i kept trying with a different password this morning and every time i gave the wrong password, it extends the time for me to enter a new one.

am i correct when i can enter my password, this would be the NEW password i just created???
Yeah if you successfully changed it then that should be the one when I ask you next time

monkeycsk

Nov 30, 2017
Visit site
Yeah if you successfully changed it then that should be the one when I ask you next time
i sincerely hope so. i will update in 2 hours...

for the time being, i would like to take this opportunity to say thank you to the following members, and anyone else, who took the time to address my issue.

@mustang7757, @Village_Idiot, @jtfwTX

Last edited:

monkeycsk

Nov 30, 2017
Visit site
i sincerely hope so. i will update in 2 hours...

for the time being, i would like to take this opportunity to say thank you to the following members, and anyone else, who took the time to address my issue.

@mustang7757, @Village_Idiot, @jtfwTX
** update

I entered the new password, after resetting it, for secure folder but it failed again. now it says 'try again in 8 hours' to enter the password.

oh well, i tried but no luck so far.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
** update

I entered the new password, after resetting it, for secure folder but it failed again. now it says 'try again in 8 hours' to enter the password.

oh well, i tried but no luck so far.
Oh man
I don't use it enough to give more help, sorry maybe try contacting Samsung

Reactions: Laura Knotek

BerryBubbles

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
i reset my password for Samsung Account. there was NO 'forgot password' option for secure folder.
Maybe Samsung changed that option. That's very unfortunate.
:(

The password for my secure folder is totalled different from my Samsung account password. I've changed my Samsung account password a few times, but the secure folder password has remained the same over my last 3 devices. Changing the Samsung account password has never affected the secure folder password.

Village_Idiot

Oct 9, 2023
Visit site
no worries, i appreciate all your help just the same.

i disabled it before because it was so annoying every time i power up the phone, i had to enter a pwd to remove the notification.
I don't use it either. For the same reasons. I guess you can be sure that anything you do have stored there is safe...even from you. Maybe you can ask the NSA for your password... :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Laura Knotek

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carolwilliamson