requesting software upgrade assistance

yubeie

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Hello All,

I have a verizon LG G4 that was purchased in late 2015 and I am no longer a Verizon customer. Since I now use ATT, I decided to shred the old Verizon sim card and switched to unlocked s7.
Since the phone no longer contains a sim card, when I try to use the verizon software upgrade assistant on PC, while the utility shows that there is a software update for a moment, it immediately switches and says that phone is upto date. The phone number shows up as 000-000-0000 (most likely because there is no sim card in it)

Would you please let me know if there is a way around to get the software update? Perhaps, a way to download the update locally to my PC and then push it to the phone?

Thanks!

yubeie

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Hello All,

I have a verizon LG G4 that was purchased in late 2015 and I am no longer a Verizon customer. Since I now use ATT, I decided to shred the old Verizon sim card and switched to unlocked s7.
Since the phone no longer contains a sim card, when I try to use the verizon software upgrade assistant on PC, while the utility shows that there is a software update for a moment, it immediately switches and says that phone is upto date. The phone number shows up as 000-000-0000 (most likely because there is no sim card in it)

Would you please let me know if there is a way around to get the software update? Perhaps, a way to download the update locally to my PC and then push it to the phone?

Thanks!

found my answer.. this thread can be closed!