[Retired][ROM]Superclean 2.9.2 EA15/EB01/EB16/EC10 Based

ITF36059

Dis-Member
Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
+1 on what da shark says.....

I've tethered on my BB and on my fascinate, albeit I'm not DLing large files. Usually just logging into my home systems from my netbook. I DARE big red to try and charge me. They'll wish they had died and gone to a very, very warm place (not Miami) when I'm through with them :)

dave.bush

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
SC 2.9 ROM Alarm Clock Weridness...

Running SC 2.9 and since I installed it something odd with the alarm clock is happening. I had created an alarm for 6:00 AM M-F. But when I disable it (not delete it) it would still go off. So I deleted it completely but it still goes off. In fact with no alarm defined, you can see the alarm symbol in the notification bar at the top and the next day at 6:00 AM, it goes off.

Iv'e rebooted but no luck.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

swany1970

Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
Going from EB01 to Superclean 2.9.2

I know there has been many pages/threads regarding this but I have been using the "search" both here and xda. A lot of reading. When going to the superclean threads they are so long with so many different situations and I'm just not finding a clear anwer.

I currently have EB01 and just downloaded superclean 2.9.2 (super_frankenclean_2.9.2v_CWMFIX) but I don't want to screw it up.

Can you give me a step by step?

Currently have Ti-backup but from the reading I've done it seems to not be a good idea.

Thanks for your help.

Jeff

JaeKar99

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
I know there has been many pages/threads regarding this but I have been using the "search" both here and xda. A lot of reading. When going to the superclean threads they are so long with so many different situations and I'm just not finding a clear anwer.

I currently have EB01 and just downloaded superclean 2.9.2 (super_frankenclean_2.9.2v_CWMFIX) but I don't want to screw it up.

Can you give me a step by step?

Currently have Ti-backup but from the reading I've done it seems to not be a good idea.

Thanks for your help.

Jeff

Post #4 in this thread discusses how to use CWM and flashing ROMS.

If you have the most recent version of SC 2.9.2 and you follow these instructions you should be fine.

jwebste9

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
Anyone else having issues like this..running latest SC and JT's kernel from source, people will call me and my phone will never ring, nor will it show up in the call log, People will text me and i will never get it. OR sometimes i will get it but not until i wake the phone up and unlock it. Both of these only occur some of the time. Was not having problem before updating kernel to latest from source. Going to re download wipe cache and re flash

Also, the first time that i turn phone on, if someone calls, it will not ring

Last edited:

Goldkirby

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
Anyone else having issues like this..running latest SC and JT's kernel from source, people will call me and my phone will never ring, nor will it show up in the call log, People will text me and i will never get it. OR sometimes i will get it but not until i wake the phone up and unlock it. Both of these only occur some of the time. Was not having problem before updating kernel to latest from source. Going to re download wipe cache and re flash

Ha, so I guess I'm not the only one either. I noticed that I have had that problem since superclean 2.6. I am not sure what causes it yet, and I just reflashed my phone again yesterday. So far, so good, but I need at least a couple more days with it to see if the problem comes up again.

PromoTheRobot

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Okay, I rooted the phone. That went sort of okay. One set of instructions posted here proved inaccurate. Another set of instructions worked fine. I downloaded Froyo but made the mistake of entering recovery mode before loading the new ROM to my SD card. I was lost and just flailing around for a few minutes. Didn't look anything like what was described.

Finally got out and thought I bricked the phone. Titanium Backup couldn't see any apps (even though I backed them all up minutes before.) Couldn't mount to my computer. Spent a little time messing around and eventually stuff started to come back and all seems normal now.

I do notice the phone running faster and smoother. I took the step of freezing bloatware apps through Titanium Backup. I think I'll stay with this setup for now. Maybe I'll get brave and try to flash a ROM later. Sorry but some instructions here are not that clear.

Jmac9

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
That being said you're older than I am. You should have known that. Hell Mix cd's didn't even strike commonality until 98 or 99. I was one of the only kids in my high school with a CD burner.

Ok, so I have apps older than you two! :-[ cassette tapes, reel-to-reel, vinyl and even 8-tracks! I've been throigh them all.

MrGr8

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site

That happens to me on a daily basis. Its really annoying. It seems to happen more when I have a webpage loaded with the browser "minimized".

Sent from my Fascinate using Tapatalk.

Goldkirby

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
That happens to me on a daily basis. Its really annoying. It seems to happen more when I have a webpage loaded with the browser "minimized".

Sent from my Fascinate using Tapatalk.

I know on verizon, you cannot surf the internet and talk at the same time. It's either phone or 3g, not both. That is probably also why my 3g connection lights always disappear when I get calls or when I call out.

EDIT: Quick question: Titanium backup is only not good if you restore data correct? If you restore app only, then you should be fine?

wyllic

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I know on verizon, you cannot surf the internet and talk at the same time. It's either phone or 3g, not both. That is probably also why my 3g connection lights always disappear when I get calls or when I call out.

EDIT: Quick question: Titanium backup is only not good if you restore data correct? If you restore app only, then you should be fine?

You want to choose restore missing apps with data. You do NOT want to restore system data.

jcondon

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Adrynalyne thanks a TON for doing all this work. I had another rom before this one but like this one so much better. This is what should have been original loaded on these phones.

No complaints or anything. Works excellent.

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
im having another issue with the 2.9.2 voodoo, everything is perfect BUT .... my phone keeps shutting off and wont power back on , it doesnt matter if the battery is full or partial it still does it. also if i hold the volume up down and power (like if i were to boot into recovery) it will power up or if i pull the battery and put it back in it will too power up. and when its back on it has a significant power loss . for example the bat. was 97% then 20 minutes later it shut off i pulled the battery and rebooted the phone now it says 72%.

by the way i did the batery stats procedure from gunnermike`s post,did not help

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
im having another issue with the 2.9.2 voodoo, everything is perfect BUT .... my phone keeps shutting off and wont power back on , it doesnt matter if the battery is full or partial it still does it. also if i hold the volume up down and power (like if i were to boot into recovery) it will power up or if i pull the battery and put it back in it will too power up. and when its back on it has a significant power loss . for example the bat. was 97% then 20 minutes later it shut off i pulled the battery and rebooted the phone now it says 72%.

by the way i did the batery stats procedure from gunnermike`s post,did not help

Are you using set cpu? If so ditch it. Your phone shutting off and not powering back on is called the "sleep of death", and set cpu has been found to be the main culprit.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rdavid666