Returned My GT 10.1 yesterday

lonepanther

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
y are u assuming such? is it bc i have an informed CRITICAL opinion and this upsets the easily upsettable?

in this thread alone i count mentions of at least 3 diff tablets other than the GT10, are those posters too asked to remain silent? not much of a forum if one cant share contrary ideas.

and yes, i am quite plzed with my GT 7

Kevin Gossett

Retired Moderator
Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
You can be critical all you want, but you aren't very informed. All you have done in this thread is bash the 10.1. The issues you are citing are not widespread whatsoever, but you make it out as if they are. I am just trying to understand why you are here posting like that if you don't have the device to have an informed opinion.

Reactions: rsix

PookiePrancer

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
You can be critical all you want, but you aren't very informed. All you have done in this thread is bash the 10.1. The issues you are citing are not widespread whatsoever, but you make it out as if they are. I am just trying to understand why you are here posting like that if you don't have the device to have an informed opinion.

That's what I've been wondering: why am I only hearing about "widespread issues" in these forums? Glass screens falling apart, dead touch input zones, popping speakers.... Some moron commented on the "widespread" popping speaker issue here by posting a YouTube link to prove it. After two weeks, the video had only THREE replies, and not all were confirming the issue! And I haven't looked back to see who started it, but the "widespread screen falling apart" issue?! Really?!

Edit: Oh boy. Yeah, guess who started it?

Last edited:

Stormhead77

May 24, 2010
Visit site
Ok Lone, we get it. You love your 7incher and probably keep it in bed with you at night. Based on your comments about being an earky adptr you have obviously been burned in the past. That is not, imho, enough to tell the rest of this community not to buy rev one of any device. Really? Probably well over 70% of the participants in these rooms are early adptrs. You are preaching to the wrong choir there.

I actually had to return my first GT 10.1 after only a week, and no not because the screen broke,etc. It was a power/charge issue. My second has been a dream. I just wish they would hurry up with G Movies and Netflix, but I guess that's what I get for being an early adptr! :)

You sre definitely entitled to your opinion, but try not to come off like the know-it-all about a device you don't own. Go play in the 7" forum with that group of owners and tell them how your smaller tab is better and leave us happily satisfied 10.1 owners be. In my opinion only of course! :)

generalmax3

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
I am probably going to re-purchase the GT 10.1 but the new questions is white or grey??? LOL

And yes I shall purchase a screen protector to avoid scratches going forward!!!

Thanks for the input guys keep them coming!!

ziggster

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I am probably going to re-purchase the GT 10.1 but the new questions is white or grey??? LOL

And yes I shall purchase a screen protector to avoid scratches going forward!!!

Thanks for the input guys keep them coming!!

White is clearly the route to go. If you don't agree, then you have no business owning a tablet.

rsix

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
White is clearly the route to go. If you don't agree, then you have no business owning a tablet.
OUCH! I'll return mine :(

But to be serious, the reason why I bought the gray was the back was less slick and if I did get damage on it it wouldn't be as noticeable. Really a moot point if you plan on slapping a case on it though.

Enjoy generalmax3! Don't forget to use the staples coupon.

rsix

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Ok Lone, we get it. You love your 7incher and probably keep it in bed with you at night. Based on your comments about being an earky adptr you have obviously been burned in the past. That is not, imho, enough to tell the rest of this community not to buy rev one of any device. Really? Probably well over 70% of the participants in these rooms are early adptrs. You are preaching to the wrong choir there.

I actually had to return my first GT 10.1 after only a week, and no not because the screen broke,etc. It was a power/charge issue. My second has been a dream. I just wish they would hurry up with G Movies and Netflix, but I guess that's what I get for being an early adptr! :)

You sre definitely entitled to your opinion, but try not to come off like the know-it-all about a device you don't own. Go play in the 7" forum with that group of owners and tell them how your smaller tab is better and leave us happily satisfied 10.1 owners be. In my opinion only of course! :)
The innuendo in this post made me laugh this morning. I'm sure it wasn't intentional and I just have a warped mind.

ziggster

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
OUCH! I'll return mine :(

But to be serious, the reason why I bought the gray was the back was less slick and if I did get damage on it it wouldn't be as noticeable. Really a moot point if you plan on slapping a case on it though.

Enjoy generalmax3! Don't forget to use the staples coupon.

Seriously, I'm kind of wishing that I had gotten the gray one for that reason. I doesn't take long at all for the back to get slick. There is definitely a case in my future.

rsix

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Seriously, I'm kind of wishing that I had gotten the gray one for that reason. I doesn't take long at all for the back to get slick. There is definitely a case in my future.
I just got my Samsung case in the mail yesterday. Loving it.

I just wish I was in the design meeting on why they chose to orient the tablet that way in the case. It seems backwards to me.

Stormhead77

May 24, 2010
Visit site
I just got my Samsung case in the mail yesterday. Loving it.

I just wish I was in the design meeting on why they chose to orient the tablet that way in the case. It seems backwards to me.

I really like the Samsung case as well. My only "what were they thinking" comment would be the need to open the magnetic flap to charge the Tab. If only they had cut a slit into that flap you could stick the charge plug right through like the headphone jack.Otherwise it is a very versatile case and certainly provides the protection I need imo.

tkemack

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Checked into lonepanther's whopping post count of 15... Shows he just purchased the 7in on July 19. So, not only did he determine it is better than the 10in without owning the 10, he just got the 7.

Please, panther, stay on the 7in forum. Your opinions aren't really valid here.
Thank you, that is all.

sent to you in three dimensions

generalmax3

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
Update. Went to BB this morning with the intent on re-purchasing the GT10.1 but changed my mind last minute and purchased the Asus TF.

Will work with it a few days and post my opinions.

$399 was too tempting to pass up and also the salesman reminded me about the screen sensativity issue. He even showed me how much its stressed when holding it with both hands.

Lets see what happens.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

rsix

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Good decision. This way you'll never second guess yourself. That is a lot of money to drop so you want to make sure you made the right choice.

First reactions on the TF vs. the GT?

rhjb

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Update. Went to BB this morning with the intent on re-purchasing the GT10.1 but changed my mind last minute and purchased the Asus TF.

Will work with it a few days and post my opinions.

$399 was too tempting to pass up and also the salesman reminded me about the screen sensativity issue. He even showed me how much its stressed when holding it with both hands.

Lets see what happens.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk
Acer is $299.00 at Staples now. $399.00 with a $100.00 off coupon.

Staples.com? | Staples? Coupons

Too good to pass up.

sudbury78

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Acer is $299.00 at Staples now. $399.00 with a $100.00 off coupon.

Staples.com? | Staples? Coupons

Too good to pass up.
I also am torn between the transformer and this Tab. However my question to everyone is this... does the espn scorecenter app work? I have downloaded it on both machines at BB and EVERY time they force close as it loads. Disheartening if it wont work. Also, anyone have the mlb at bat app? Does it work on either machine? Thanks!!!