Returned My GT 10.1 yesterday

ysaykin

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Yeah a lot of people kept on claiming that Samsung GT 10.1 doesn't have gorilla glass, but for some reason the makers of gorilla glass definitly think it does. Also I had an iPad 2 since day 1 not a scratch on the screen, been droped face forward twice. With gorilla glass, I think screen protectors aren't necessary, but a good case with a front cover is.

Samsung.

generalmax3

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
Ok after a few days with the Asus TF...I don't like it as much as the GalaxyTab 10.1....it doesn't have that wow factor like the galaxy tab:

Here are the cons:
1- Bezel around the screen is to big.
2- Doesnt vibrate...that was a cool thing about the Galaxy Tab.
3- My wife didnt like it compared to the Galaxy Tab...LOL
4- Kept pressing the power button by mistake since its located on the side.

Returning it today but i am trying to find if a local staples has the Galaxy Tab so that I can get for $100 off.

Last edited:

6tr6tr

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
I returned it to BB for 3 reasons:

1- Screen seems to scratch a little to easily...only had it 10 days and was very careful with it...and it had 2 noticeable scratches on. Also it seems to me after extensive use the screen will have an issue with stress being put on it.

Wait, I thought it had Gorilla glass. It doesn't?

6tr6tr

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
Interesting indeed... It doesn't feel like gorilla glass at all... And take a look at the product page on Corning website, the gt 10.1 isn't listed. The original galaxy tab is.

Maybe it was on the first announced 10.1 and not the 10.1v?

The 10.1v is the older, heavier, thicker Tab. The 10.1 is the new one.

It's confusing (and stupid) because the 10.1v was originally called the 10.1.

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
I guess it does look like the Tab 10.1 has Gorilla Glass. Either way, my XOOM and Charge both had it yet they both got scratched lol. I'm not a big fan of screen protectors.

I had a grey wifi only 16gb Tab 10.1 that I returned when Verizon announced the 4G LTE version! My grey 32gb 4G Tab is coming tomorrow and I cannot WAIT to get back in the game. These 3 weeks without my Tab have been tough :p

dmcman73

May 20, 2010
Visit site
u are absolutely correct! not having gorilla glass is a shocking oversight by samsung and was done no doubt to meet artificial deadlines

Or weight requirements that they had laid out. Remember, weight is everything in a tablet and adding a few extra grams to it makes all the difference in the world. Gorilla glass not only adds weight but also thickness to the unit (it's a hair thicker).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flynempire