[Review] Amzer Luxe Argyle Skin Case

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
They (Amzer) must have updated their website because I was expecting the case with one cut out and when it arrived today, I received the one with the 3 cut outs. I think I like the 3 cut outs better. I have the purple one. It's not a deep purple like it looks like on the website. It's kind of a clear purple but when you put it on the phone, you can see the purple color. Also, I did notice that the edges were rough on the side without the volume control buttons. It's still a very nice case. I really like that the power button is easier to push and so are the volume buttons. I also like that I can see the notification light better. The case I had on before covered it a little. I should probably mention that it took about a week to get it. I was surprised because I live 2 hours (Austin) away from where their corporate office is. Oh well...at least I finally got it! I'm taking my platinum case from Best Buy back to the store. Like others have mentioned, that case scratched the side of my phone and was too loose. That's why I ordered the Amzer one.

UTnick

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
They (Amzer) must have updated their website because I was expecting the case with one cut out and when it arrived today, I received the one with the 3 cut outs. I think I like the 3 cut outs better. I have the purple one. It's not a deep purple like it looks like on the website. It's kind of a clear purple but when you put it on the phone, you can see the purple color. Also, I did notice that the edges were rough on the side without the volume control buttons. It's still a very nice case. I really like that the power button is easier to push and so are the volume buttons. I also like that I can see the notification light better. The case I had on before covered it a little. I should probably mention that it took about a week to get it. I was surprised because I live 2 hours (Austin) away from where their corporate office is. Oh well...at least I finally got it! I'm taking my platinum case from Best Buy back to the store. Like others have mentioned, that case scratched the side of my phone and was too loose. That's why I ordered the Amzer one.

knowing that the colored cases are not too loud helps me confirm that i wanna get the blue and the orange one. and maybe the green one. i am gonna have to keep my fingers crossed that i don't get one with a single cut out 'cause that would chap my hide.

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
knowing that the colored cases are not too loud helps me confirm that i wanna get the blue and the orange one. and maybe the green one. i am gonna have to keep my fingers crossed that i don't get one with a single cut out 'cause that would chap my hide.

I was definitely surprised that the color wasn't as dark as the photos but I'm very pleased with it. I bet the orange will look real nice too. I took pics (to post) of my purple one but oddly enough, it looked blue in the photos. Strange. Anyway, I definitely wouldn't want one with the single cut out. The 3 cut outs look MUCH better in IMO. Too bad it took forever for me to get it or I'd be tempted to try out other colors.

storino03

May 31, 2010
Visit site

Here are four angles. Quality-wise it's pretty good. Color is like a metallic red (because it's semi-clear) and doesn't really look cheap. I like red, so I don't mind the tint of it. The case itself is nice, you can see where the two halves are fused together along the outer edges of the phone, but isn't ugly looking.

The buttons, volume and power, are covered and made out of thinner plastic so you can push them easier. For me, the volume buttons were harder to press because the case was making the top volume rocker press down infinitely, but after a little jiggling the case around, stretching it, etc., the buttons press fine and are even now.

Enjoy

J Snazzy

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Got mine tonight....great case. Fits great, all buttons easily accessed. Had a slight crack near the kickstand but other than that great. Works great with the kickstand for those wondering.

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
I lol'd at the battery life comment in the review. Surprised someone hasn't asked for more info about that yet. Don't worry, it will happen :)

fraz

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
So I purchased the smoke argyle case - great looking case, but decided i like the innocase limited better due to the rubbery feel that grew on me. It's up on the marketplace forums if anyone wants it....

mhespenh

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Just got the red luxe from amazon in the mail today- love love love it.

UTnick you're absolutely right about the power and volume buttons- they are so much easier to press now, it really is the perfect implementation. I can't recommend this case enough.