[ROM][2.3.3][ZVJ] GingerRom v1.3 -4/14/12-

pdxguy77

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM][ZVJ] GingerRom v1.3 ***4/14/12***

doing it now

update...got it working....course thats with my wife calling me...its late to have someone else call me now..ill update if it happens agains....thanks for the help :)

ok glitch is back again....grrrrr....:)

mobius1484

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
Probably have to disable it on gkernel then flash iscream

That's actually what I did. I felt like Gingerkernel didn't lock gps as well and drained battery more.

Maybe it's just me and I'm crazy. Lol

Still feel like stock kernel has the best gps.

Last edited:

mobius1484

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
Also wifi tether 3.1 beta 6 works. Have to set device profile to lg optimus and setup method needs to be NetD (Master).

Device may reset when you disable tether, but this is already a known issue and should work other than that.

Just tested their latest beta 12 and it works also.

Last edited:

ryandubbz

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
My phone after update is working fine, but my wifes phone after the gingerom keeps rebooting on its own.

Is there a reason for this, Also it is not overclocked

jstntp

/\C...D3\/
Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
My phone after update is working fine, but my wifes phone after the gingerom keeps rebooting on its own.

Is there a reason for this, Also it is not overclocked

Honestly, if its not overclocked then im not sure why that would happen. Might simply try to wipe and reflash it again. Is she running one of drews kernels? If so maybe try without it at first or vice versa.

rcdoma

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Flashed my wife's phone to GingerROM with stock kernel. Everything worked fine. The screen wake up time using power button with LG stock kernel was almost instantaneous, my phone with GingerKernel was a little slow. After updating wife's phone to GingerKernel, both phones wake up at the same time after pushing the power button (maybe about .5s slower than stock kernel).

Thinking of going back to the stock LG kernel on one of the phones. I couldn't find a stock kernel, would falshing the Community ROM load the stock kernel?

Zhara

Queendroid
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Flashed my wife's phone to GingerROM with stock kernel. Everything worked fine. The screen wake up time using power button with LG stock kernel was almost instantaneous, my phone with GingerKernel was a little slow. After updating wife's phone to GingerKernel, both phones wake up at the same time after pushing the power button (maybe about .5s slower than stock kernel).

Thinking of going back to the stock LG kernel on one of the phones. I couldn't find a stock kernel, would falshing the Community ROM load the stock kernel?

Just re-flash GingerRom and it will give you the stock kernel back.

Reactions: jstntp

Buddlespit

Wannabe kewl
Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
I've massively tweaked my v1.0 (framework-res.apk, systemui.apk, build.prop, gps.conf, init.d (data2ext)) and I'm kind of leery of flashing v1.3 over it. Your changelog doesn't really enlighten me on what changes you did, other than the wake animation. I guess I can pull all of the files I mentioned and compare them, eh? That would make your life easier.

I also guess that this was a useless post, all things considered....:p

jstntp

/\C...D3\/
Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I've massively tweaked my v1.0 (framework-res.apk, systemui.apk, build.prop, gps.conf, init.d (data2ext)) and I'm kind of leery of flashing v1.3 over it. Your changelog doesn't really enlighten me on what changes you did, other than the wake animation. I guess I can pull all of the files I mentioned and compare them, eh? That would make your life easier.

I also guess that this was a useless post, all things considered....:p

If your happy with your version, by all means keep it. I did not do anything ground breaking in v1.3. The biggest difference is I removed some more framework bloat that may or may not make any real difference at all, lol. But if when you long press your home screen and the if pop up seems a bit laggy, that seems to be gone in 1.3.

Furthermore, you could just flash the script tweak I posted this morning a few posts back if you wanted to.

Reactions: Buddlespit

scifan

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
So... you wouldn't have a zip kicking around that would kill the wake up on button press (well, except for the power button) would ya?

res6jya6

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
So... you wouldn't have a zip kicking around that would kill the wake up on button press (well, except for the power button) would ya?

I was about to grab the .kl file and modify it for you myself, however, I don't know which file the keys use. I would assume it's only a matter of removing the wake command from the home/settings/back/search keys.

I, however, rather like using those buttons as wake keys - the power button can be difficult to find at times.

kofasetic

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
:(After a couple of days with GingerRom on a freshly rooted ZVJ phone, the one issue that has re-occurred is the headphones cutting off via bluetooth like with ZVH. When I manually disconnect bluetooth, the pop up messgae appears and just sits on the screen. Need to reboot to get everything working again. Phone isn't overclocked and I am using Gingerkernel.
Anybody else having the same issue?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rickness54