[ROM][2.3.3][ZVJ] GingerRom v1.3 -4/14/12-

jstntp

/\C...D3\/
Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Can someone try it with the stock kernel? And if that doesn't work either can someone try it with the stock rom, the community build would be fine to test with.

kofasetic

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
I'm listening to the stock music player via bluetooth to see if I run into the same cut-off problem. I had that issue when I listened via PowerAmp. After 3 hours, no blips:)
If it does happen again, I'll try with the stock rom and kernel.

Reactions: jstntp

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
:(After a couple of days with GingerRom on a freshly rooted ZVJ phone, the one issue that has re-occurred is the headphones cutting off via bluetooth like with ZVH. When I manually disconnect bluetooth, the pop up messgae appears and just sits on the screen. Need to reboot to get everything working again. Phone isn't overclocked and I am using Gingerkernel.
Anybody else having the same issue?

Try the newly released HydroKernel and see if anything changes, since it's built from latest ZVJ sources.

epidenimus

Racer of Elevators
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Added this ROM to the Welcome Guide. Thanks for cranking out a solid ROM and testing with various kernels!

Is there a list of bugs for this one? Or is it just that good? :D

rod_munch

May 9, 2011
Visit site
i have not had the bluetooth cut off(also vibration goes out) since i flashed any version of this rom. not once.
i have been using the stock kernel.

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
The thanks for this go to jstntp for all his guidance and help. Also the Drew for his work in hydroRom, without your work I doubt I could have figured it all out.

ATTENTION Ginger Rom 1.3 Extended Power Menu
This is an addon for Ginger Rom 1.3 that adds the extended power menu to the shut down procedure. A HUGE thanks to jstntp for his support and suggestions on getting me thru this. Also major props to Drew for his work on getting this to work on HydroRom, without that I wouldnt have been able to figure out how to make the necessary changes. This has been updated to v6 as I had to fix the Power Off option and I signed it while I was at it. Again updated to v7 to fix recovery icon size, thanks jstntp!! I did resign it too. Okay, this should be the last change. I messed up recompiling it so had to redo. Now it is just PowerMod.signed.zip As long as you are on 1.3, simply boot to recovery, wipe cache/dalvik cache, and flash powermod5.zip

2012-04-17_201419.png

Last edited:

ikeywatson

May 1, 2011
Visit site
will try this out now
update
working great ,now all gingerRom needs is pull down powerwidgets in notifacation bar and this rom will belike hydro,great,great effort hlxanthus

Last edited:

scifan

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
I was about to grab the .kl file and modify it for you myself, however, I don't know which file the keys use. I would assume it's only a matter of removing the wake command from the home/settings/back/search keys.

I, however, rather like using those buttons as wake keys - the power button can be difficult to find at times.

I like having them not do anything because if I just have the phone in a pocket... because they're constantly turning on the screen, I find that my phone battery life falls through the floor...

rcdoma

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Here is a little script update for anyone that wants to try it out. Might fix the screen on delay that some of you are experiencing, might not. Lol. Overall though, should increase performance a little bit.

http://db.tt/oz4dZITA - just flash it, no wipes needed. Backup first though!

Thanks Jstntp! Installed it and everything is working fine. Looks like the screen wakeup time using the power button has improved. I'll be able to do a side by side comparison with a stock ROM/kernel phone this weekend.

pdxguy77

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
had a new glitch last night.... my htc_ime mod started force closing...even after a reboot...finally got into the keyboard settings to turn it off...that was annoying...

jstntp

/\C...D3\/
Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
had a new glitch last night.... my htc_ime mod started force closing...even after a reboot...finally got into the keyboard settings to turn it off...that was annoying...

I'm going to call that a glitch with the HTC_mod. I have not tested it with ZVJ although it "should" work just fine.

rcdoma

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM][ZVJ] GingerRom v1.0 4/8/12

Can any of you that have any form of ZVJ test netflix. I was on ZVD and netflix was fine, and it still works on the wife's ZVD phone. The video speed is way too slow causing audio sync issues.
Thanks

Yes, the video is out of sync on ZVJ. Was fine on ZVD.

pdxguy77

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm going to call that a glitch with the HTC_mod. I have not tested it with ZVJ although it "should" work just fine.

yea i ended up uninstalling it and reinstalling...gonna see if it does it again...maybe ill get lucky with the new kernel. :)

nope another FC...bummer.... i liked that keyboard....

ryandubbz

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
so the powermod 5 and no button wake up mods are mods to the 1.3 gingerom?

And the Hydrokernel is a newly released kernel for ZVJ? Is this better than Gingerkernel?

rcdoma

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Installed and tested the Extended Power Menu, now I can get into the recovery mode with just one finger :) Great job hlxanthus, thank you for this very handy mod!

aaronrw

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
I've been lazy, just rooted zvj and installed this plus the powermod and the no button wake on top of drews new kernel...hellz to the yeah my phone is blazing...about to install CWMT recovery just for kicks:p

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ukfred