[ROM][2.3.5][I897UCKK4] ■ Illuminance 3.0.1 ■ 11/28/11

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Disclaimer: I am not responsible for loss, damages or any other kind of issue that can arise from installing this ROM.

PRESENTING
signature3h.jpg

============================================= ===========================
Download, Instructions, Screenshots, Mods, Reviews ?? Illuminance ROM - Home
============================================= ===========================

CHANGE LOGs:
v(3.0.1)
- Email app reverted to the one from Illuminance 2.1

=============================================

FEATURES:
- Based on latest leak I897UCKK4 [2.3.5]
- Samurai 1.4.2 Kernel
- A little more towards SGS2
- Thunderbolt Tweaks
- Reconfigurable Quick Panel Toggles, Upto 13 toggles. (Make sure to hide LED Flash Toggle, otherwise it will force close)
- Re-Configure toggles from Settings > Customization > Quick Panel Settings.
- Back to stock MMS app MMS Fix (Timestamp, removed limit, no MMS convert) now available as add-on.
- Performance Tweaks using Build.Prop

- Hardened against ads (Most recent hosts file)
- Huge APN List (Updated APN list from latest CM7 nightly)
- Add Device Customization in settings
- Enabled SIP over Data
- Removed Text Messages from Call Log
- TouchWiz Launcher Modded, translucent background, no tiles behind app icons in app drawer
- Removed Full Charged Notification Icon, Sound and Screen On
- Notification Volume can be linked to Ringer volume
- Updated GTalk to the one with Video chat support. Uses rear camera.
- Added Dock in Settings
- Removed Software update from settings
- Added SQLite3 to /system/bin and related lib*.so to /system/lib (from Latest CM7 nightly)
- Nexus S, Microbes & HTC Sense Live Wallpapers
- New default wallpaper. Illuminance signature wallpaper!
- Deodexed, Zipaligned & Rooted
- Removed AT&T bloatware
- Batch optimized
- Fuju Tweaks 2.3.5 (From Cognition 5v2)
- System & Data will zipalign on first boot (thanks to Samurai Kernel)
- Added NEW Robota Font from ICS (as default system font)
- Added ringtones from ICS
- Updated Superuser.apk and SU binaries
- Updated Google apps - GMail, Google Voice, YouTube, Market (3.3.11), Google Maps
- Added QuicPic as Gallery3D replacement app for now
- Swype 3.25 from SGS2
- Long press on quick panel toggle takes to respective settings.
- USB Debugging enabled by default
- Hacked Camera, power button acts as shutter release
- Accurate battery mod with percentage battery icon
- CRT Animation
- Extended Power Menu
- Overscroll Glow
- TW3, Arc and AOSP GB Launcher
- Transparent Notification Pull-down bar
- SGS II Themed. Simple & Neat!
- Arc Widgets - Status Switch, On/Off Widget (single toggle), Digital Clock
- SGS2 Apps - Calculator, Polaris Office, Voice Recorder, Analog Clock widget, Post It widget, Digital Clock, Buddies Now, My Files, Weather Widget, Email app, Email widget

=============================================

Last edited:
Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Change Log & Credits

Original XDA Thread:: Here
GPS FIX: Try This

CREDITS:
- Watsa for providing me Live Tech Support all the time. :D
- Kyuta Syuko for Samurai Kernel with Lagfix & CWM Recovery
- Prezkret for providing latest leaks
- lidroid for customizable 14-toggles
- designgears for Fuju 2.3.5 tweaks
- boog321 for kernel with CWM support
- Johnsondr80 AND crt60 for helping me with lockscreen mods
- Dagr8, tsm, EDT, team obssessed, dhiru, untermensch, Whitehawkx and many other developers for originating 9-toggle, Device Customization, 9-Lockscreens and many more mods.
- ddoubt for MMS and logsprovider fixes
- crt60 for deodexing/zipaligning script and answering my n00b queries. :D
- 4-2ndtwin, tomween1, crt60, RTBee and many other for testing my ROM and continuous support on thread.

Last edited:

jerseyboy357

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM][2.3.5][I897UCKK2] ? Illuminance 2.1.1 ? [Video Review]1

How would one install this on a non rooted 2.1 aka pure stock Captivate?
Instructions dont start that far back. You can PM instead of threading if easier or contact me off AC
I have a thread below this one(or two) and not having luck that way.

stoehner

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
I wanna flash this but I'm leery. I have soft bricked 2 captivates already. I have flashed plenty of Tom's on my old optimus phone, but things are different on the captivate. I am rooted with stock froyo. I believe I have CWM 2. Something. What do I need for this rom and the step by step installation. I looked at the website but I'm still a little unclear. There was not instructions for coming from stock froyo. Any help would be awesome.

PS. Does this have lag fix or can I or should I use a lag fix with this?

Thanks Aaron!.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

willinthe985

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site

Can I not install straight to the v3? I get "searching for update file" then "installation aborted". Do I have to start from v1 and update my way up?

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site

Can I not install straight to the v3? I get "searching for update file" then "installation aborted". Do I have to start from v1 and update my way up?

Do you have CWM Recovery on your phone? If not, flash a kernel with CWM Injected in it. ROM won't install from stock recovery.

willinthe985

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site

Yeah had the kernel with cwm installed. Got v1 installed but won't install v3. Going to try v2 now, then v3. If that doesn't work, I'll redownload it and try again.

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site

Yeah had the kernel with cwm installed. Got v1 installed but won't install v3. Going to try v2 now, then v3. If that doesn't work, I'll redownload it and try again.

So you are not even able to flash v3.0 on top of v1.0?? That is strange. I think redownload should help. I am going to put md5 hash checks with my future builds to everyone can cross-check the downloaded file.

willinthe985

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site

I got it. It must have gotten corrupted when I put it on the sdcard somehow. Just deleted and re-placed it and it worked.

tonyo-123

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
HELP: [ROM][2.3.5][I897UCKK4] ■ Illuminance 3.0.1 ■ 11/28/11

IlluminatedOne-

My apology for my newness but a change of job thrusted me into using my first Android based phone: AT&T Samusung SGH-i897 that I ended up buying used. In getting it updated I have a working phone with the UCKK4 ROM that I cannot root. I would like to do so to both delete and clear up memory from AT&T apps that I will never use. The phone is working fine with this ROM. Here is my status:

- Firmware: 2.3.5
- Kernel 2.6.35.7-I897UCKK4-CL614489
- Build # - Gingerbread.UCKK4

Every attempt I get, whether using some one-click updater or copying a file onto SDCARD serms to fail.

- What is the correct way to do this?
- Is there a way to back up my data, the setup, and applications? I looked at the paid version of Titanium backup but it seems that I FIRST need to root my phone to back all of the information up.

As I mentioned I am new to this and even after extensive reading I am a bit confused as to what are the things I need to do to get the phone ready for rooting. Obviously, I am not a developer but am an interested new Android user to the community (and a little challenged on how to gain some freedon from the AT&T forced apps).

Although this is not a 'dire' situation in any way, your help would be greatly appreciated.

loraque

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
What information do you need backed up? Any paid apps will be saved in the Market and you can get them back as soon as you link your gmail to a fresh ROM on your phone. Contacts should be saved to your Gmail... you can copy files from the SD to a PC for storage, but those will not get deleted anyway.

What is it you need backed up exactly? By the way, you cannot save your settings- those have to be redone whenever you change your phone. It gets easier the more you do it :).

The easiest way to do this is to flash a kernel with CWM already injected using Odin and Download mode. You will need to know the button combo to get your phone to download mode, and you will need Odin, and the kernel.

[Stock ROMs](OneClicks Master Collection)+[Kernels (Stock & w/ CWM)]+[Modems] UPDATED - xda-developers

The bottom of the first post of the above thread has the Odin executable for download, and with your setup, I would flash the CWM injected kernel under the KJ3 heading. Once you do that, you can use the button codes to boot into Recovery and flash Illuminance, or any ROM.

If you are fuzzy on Download and Recovery mode, read through the pinned topics in this forum to get the button combos... you will need to know how to get your phone into those modes to do this stuff, and it takes a little practice. You cant hurt anything by trying :).

Good luck and happy holidays!

tonyo-123

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
loraque-

Thanks for the follow-up. Well, I do realize that google stores my contacts. Also, I get information that is pushed from the corporate site so have access to that directory and email. So, mainly it is the apps downloaded and their settings, the main interface settings, and the settings for the phone (for example, sunc usuing wifi I did not realize that I lost the AT&T APN info...had to find the settings and re-enter it). It just takes along time to reenter everying manually.

I have not purchased any apps so was wondering if I end up with a fresh full instal if I would be able to reuse them without paying the money again. Sounds like yes (does the 'market' app via AT&T allow you to do this)?

On:

The easiest way to do this is to flash a kernel with CWM already injected using Odin and Download mode. You will need to know the button combo to get your phone to download mode, and you will need Odin, and the kernel.​

I somehow have the KK4 version but will do as you recommend:

I897UCKK1 Android 2.3.5 Gingerbread
With Bootloaders - Link 1​

Okay, cannot get I897UCKK1_BL.exe to work so I think I need to first get the kernel (tar file) with Odin. Is that correct?

Thank you for the direction as it is very much appreciated (and taking no shot at a one week newbiew to this stuff)..

Last edited:

loraque

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
The KJ3 kernel will work for this purpose- close enough. The one you note does not have CWM (Clockwork- this is what you need to get to flash ROMs). The link you have is to the ROM itself, which is a stock only load- you do not want that as it will have the bloat you are trying to lose.

The Market app is actually Google's, not ATT, and yes, it will allow you to reinstall any purchased apps without paying again. This is all tied to your gmail account. Free apps will have to be searched for and installed.

Titanium Backup is what you want, but since you do not have root, it is not going to work for you this time. It will work every time thereafter though. It can be a lot of reading doing this the first few times, so do not get discouraged... we all had to muddle through this stuff the first few times :).

tonyo-123

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
Okay,. tried to flash but obviously I am still confused: the phone is bricked (I assume for now, as I have done this before) says 'Firmware upgrade fail! Try using recovery mode'. I notice that is the only setting I get (no recovery or download mode). I also notice that Odin is yellow on Com14 (asume I can push an update to it). What I did was load Odin, the .pit that came with it, and loaded what I thought was the kernel 'boog_KK1_systemcorpscwm_1.tar' file into it and that is how I ended up where I am.

So loraque, I will look for a CWM kernel and see if I can flash or push via Odin 1.85. I think...yes, definetly want to take some of the useless AT&T apps and their handcuffs off the phone.

Suggestion? (I feel like an idiot newbie again...LOL)

tonyo-123

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
okay, progress: boog_KJ3_kernel3.tar worked and rebooted with configuration and data on it (surprised but I see even with SD card back in the apps xx.xxx.xxx icons). So, now reads still baseband: I897UCKKK4 and Kernel 2.6.35.7-I897UCKJ3-CL614489.

I assume I now move to upload the ROM...

tonyo-123

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
okay, rebricked the phone; reloaded step above with boog_KJ3_kernel3.tar (had to do it twice 2nd time unclicking the partitioning). Not sure what to do now (yes, head is spinning from files and pen windows). Phone is as indicated above ad partly working (the downloaded apps are not loaded properly):

- Firmware: 2.3.5
- Kernel 2.6.35.7-I897UCKK4-CL614489
- Build # - Gingerbread.UCKK4

When I go into recovery mode I get: CWM-based recovery v4.0.1.5 so I assume I have CWM properly loaded.

I have downloadedthe lates OneClickOdin packages (I897UCKK1_BL.exe ) and phone in download mode was able to reflash the ROM (Odion was yellow and passed). Boots up with AT&T logo then Galaxy logo.

Okay updated to I897UCKK1 and everything is up and working but I did a root check and it says I am not rooted.

I have searched but for this version of the AT&T Galaxy S with V2.3.5 (I897UCKK1 ) I am not sure how to root. Can anyone help?

Last edited:

loraque

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Ok. Tablet typing so...

Once you get the kernel odin on, you do not want to use odin again. If you can get to recovery with the new cwm, then you want to install zip, chose zip, and select the illuminance zip file. From cwm.

At this point it does not matter if the phone boots, you only need cwm and the rom zip file. Install the zip from cwm, and you should be set. Do note that usually the first boot after a rom takes 5-10 minutes to boot.

Sorry, three kids, cant check often enough for messages :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sáenz